Magical Express

DisneyCyclones

Original Poster
Did I see that this service is ending at the end of 2021? And luggage isn't delivered to the hotel for you anymore? Is there a source to read about why these changes are being made?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Did I see that this service is ending at the end of 2021? And luggage isn't delivered to the hotel for you anymore? Is there a source to read about why these changes are being made?
Here:

Hope this helps.

DisneyCyclones

Original Poster
Here:

Hope this helps.
Sadly it does. That service was awesome!!!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Yes its ending at the end of the year.
They haven't picked up your luggage since reopening.
I believe its because contracts are not being renewed between MCO/Mears/Disney and eventually there will be a train going from MCO to Disney Springs.
Mears transportation has said it will continue the service as "Mears Connect".
Here's the website to keep a check on updates.

nickys

Premium Member
The company that handled the luggage, Bags Inc also went bankrupt last year.
That turned out to be incorrect reporting, the company is still operating. I don’t know whether you can book the service direct to a WDW resort or not, but they are seemingly still providing the same service to private residences at least.

paul436

I'm out of the loop on this one. I'm using Magical Express in November. Do I have to get my own luggage first? Or can it still be delivered to my room?

Not really an issue either way. I just need to know if I need to stop by baggage claim first before heading to the bus.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'm out of the loop on this one. I'm using Magical Express in November. Do I have to get my own luggage first? Or can it still be delivered to my room?

Not really an issue either way. I just need to know if I need to stop by baggage claim first before heading to the bus.

You'll be retrieving it yourself. You'll also be checking it in once you arrive to the airport for your flight home.
The luggage transfer and RAC are both no longer operating. (Not sure if RAC will be returning at some point).

I'm not thrilled to get my own luggage but at the same time at least then I have it immediately and I have it until I return to the airport so if there's something I rather put in it instead of stuffing my carry on I can.

For my November trip through I'm doing carry on only since its a weekend trip and we arrive late on a Thursday and leave early on a Monday. I really don't want to have to wait for my luggage that late or deal with check in lines that early.

nickys

Premium Member

Yes, you have to stop at baggage claim first and take it with you to the bus.

DisneyJoe

That turned out to be incorrect reporting, the company is still operating. I don’t know whether you can book the service direct to a WDW resort or not, but they are seemingly still providing the same service to private residences at least.
You are correct. They had massive layoffs in Oct 2020 which affected them servicing Disney as they had pre-COVID.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom