Magical express

mickeysbrother

Original Poster
Quick question! I already booked my stay for September 23 arrival and havnt booked my magical express yet... I can't remember if I was supposed to do it with Disney or wait until I get my package in the mail? Any thoughts?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There's no "supposed to", you do it when you can or when you remember. It can be done through Disney or through DME itself as you get closer.

You've left it tight to get your tags in time, but go here and fill out the info. They ship your package by UPS, so it comes fairly fast.

If you're booked but the tags don't get to you in time, you can still use the luggage service. Just go to the DME counter with your luggage claim tags and a description of your checked bags [I print off a digital photo of each bag before leaving home, it makes it a bit easier] and they'll retrieve your bags and get them to your resort. If you're arriving after 10PM, you have to claim your own bags and take them to the bus whether you got the tags or not.

I used the on-line form on the 29th of August and my tags were delivered yesterday, so it took about a week and I'm in Canada...

mickeysbrother

Original Poster
I'm in Canada also! So i shall give them a shout to get my stuff fed x to me. The tags aren't really a big deal. Not sure if I want to just pick up my bags myself and bring them along for the ride on the bus or let Disney do it. Thank you for the input

Let your travel agent kno
Quick question! I already booked my stay for September 23 arrival and havnt booked my magical express yet... I can't remember if I was supposed to do it with Disney or wait until I get my package in the mail? Any thoughts?
w and she/he will get a hold of them and let them know that you will be there and then you should receive the labels (paper) to place on your suitcases to see that they are sent to the correct Hotel.

mickeysbrother

Original Poster
Well I called Disney and they said that it should be here by Friday! It's now Saturday..hmmm.... Gonna give them a call again on Monday just to double check but they did book the magical express for me :)...

aimeeg

We just recently booked and are paying balance off this week. We leave in 10 days and I am worried that we wont have the luggage tags in time. As long as we can give them our baggage tickets at DME at MCO, I am hoping that our luggage will still arrive in the room smoothly!

mickeysbrother

Original Poster
Might cut it close. Disney never sent mine. Didnt mind picking up my bags since i had to go into the room anyways to change. Gf waited in check in line while i waited for bags to be given. Not really a headache. All star sports did however give me those free mini put game cards the next day in my room with an apology letter. Made up for the mistake.

Rob562

We just recently booked and are paying balance off this week. We leave in 10 days and I am worried that we wont have the luggage tags in time. As long as we can give them our baggage tickets at DME at MCO, I am hoping that our luggage will still arrive in the room smoothly!

If you haven't gotten your tags yet, call DME right away at 866-599-0951. They'll be able to tell you if tags have been sent out, and possibly rush ship them to you if they haven't.

-Rob

CaptainShortty

I would definitely call to see if they can get you the tags. If not, I recommend just picking up your luggage and carrying it with you to the airport. If you do online check-in you're more likely to get a ready room which will mean that as soon as you get to the resort you can just drop your bags and head out to have some fun!

aimeeg

Yay! I just called them and they are going to rush ship them to me. The woman was so helpful. She said I should have them a couple of days before we leave!

wiigirl

Nice! Glad it worked out for you! :)
75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom