Magical Express Question

Animaniac93-98

At the time I booked my hotel, I did not know what my flight times would be. Now I do and I want to update the reservation.

Can I do this specific step online, or do I have to call Disney?

Becky

At the time I booked my hotel, I did not know what my flight times would be. Now I do and I want to update the reservation.

Can I do this specific step online, or do I have to call Disney?
Do NOT call Disney, they will only call ME with the info and sometimes after the ressie is made that does NOT happen. Call Magic Express directly at (866) 599-0951 and give them the flight info. Hey 866 is free, 407 W Disney is not.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I second the vote to call DME directly.

This is especially true if you have a complicated itinerary. (People coming in on different flights, people coming in on different days, someone dropping off a rental car at the airport and then needing DME transport, etc)

While the folks at WDW Central Reservations are fine for handling a simple itinerary (everyone on the same flight) that you have ready to give them at the time of booking it can be hit-or-miss after that.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

The CM's at DME are very helpful and friendly and they are prepared to make your trip a magical one. A year ago, a friend of mine was at the airport here is RI when she realized that she had not informed DME of her flight so she had no transportation to her Disney Resort. She called me because she was about to board (I was in the car driving to Maryland to visit my daughter) in a panic because she was afraid that she would have to spend a week at the airport....just kidding. Anyway.....with her confirmation #, I was able to secure her DME transportation. All she had to do was to go to the DME help desk and they printed her up a ticket. I don't recommend this last minute plan but the story just shows how organized and helpful Disney is.
Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

Upvote 0

KLeigh

Definitely call and talk to DME directly. We called Disney and added our flight info for our visits in 2012 and 2013 - and both times there was no record of our DME reservation once we arrived at the airport check in desk.

Not a huge problem as they added in our info right then and there, but we ended up missing a bus and had to wait quite a while for the next one to arrive.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Do NOT call Disney, they will only call ME with the info and sometimes after the ressie is made that does NOT happen. Call Magic Express directly at (866) 599-0951 and give them the flight info. Hey 866 is free, 407 W Disney is not.
Actually, it's a computer thing, the main Disney central reservation computers send the DME info to the DME systems, or at least that is what they should do.

I agree to call Magical Express directly.

Upvote 0

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Thanks for all your help. We'll try the online form first and then call DME if I need to.

I hate calling Disney direct as it's an expensive long-distance call and never a short one.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Interesting. That's the first time I've seen an online DME form that allowed as much control over flight info as that does. It might be a bit too involved for someone who isn't very computer savvy, but you can create "flight groups" and add different people to different groups as necessary depending on when they're flying in or out. It just takes some thinking out how to group people if their itineraries are complicated, like mine will.

Try this on for size: 6 people staying at SSR for a 7-night reservation. Two don't need arrival DME because they'll be transferring from another resort but will need transport on checkout day. Two arrive on checkin day but leave on day 5. Two others arrive on day 4 and leave on checkout day... And at the moment I'm not even sure if everyone will be on the same flight as the other half of their pair...

-Rob

Upvote 0

SandySHM

Interesting. That's the first time I've seen an online DME form that allowed as much control over flight info as that does. It might be a bit too involved for someone who isn't very computer savvy, but you can create "flight groups" and add different people to different groups as necessary depending on when they're flying in or out. It just takes some thinking out how to group people if their itineraries are complicated, like mine will.

Try this on for size: 6 people staying at SSR for a 7-night reservation. Two don't need arrival DME because they'll be transferring from another resort but will need transport on checkout day. Two arrive on checkin day but leave on day 5. Two others arrive on day 4 and leave on checkout day... And at the moment I'm not even sure if everyone will be on the same flight as the other half of their pair...

-Rob
You definitely can do it. It also asks if you need pickup at airport and/or transport back to airport. It may take a little time since your group is so diverse. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom