Magical Express Protest by Orlando Limo Group

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
mrtoad said:
So is there a campaign or not? I am confused now. I was seriously asking what it was as it would only benefit you and us by knowing.

Maybe I was not clear when I said advertisement campaigns.

Our new "campaigns" are as follows:
Included as a member of the Better Business Bureau.
Included in the Orlando and Visitors Bureau.

Included in the 2006 issues of the folowing guide books:
- Unofficial Guide to WDW (Bob Sehlinger)
- Passporter (Dave Marx)
- Passporter - For Your Special Needs (Deb Wills)
- Luxury Guide to WDW (Cara Goldsbury)
All the above with no cost to us. We were selected for our reputation, and were of course "surveyed" by each one.

Closed, since May, 12 new partnerships with other travel agencies specialized in travel to Orlando/WDW. We already were working with about 14 before May (ME).

Expending our market to other countries (other than the ones we already worked with - (UK and Canada)).

We have included a new Cadillac Escalade ESV to our fleet to attract more business (and be able to upgrade some of our clients).

Those are the new campaigns I was mentioning in my prior post. :animwink:
I hope that will catch someone's eyes. :sohappy:

Gregory Nicolas.

Quicksilver

Competition is good for the consumer and until the limo companies can compete by offering better service or something "special", they will continue to lose share. (Target is not as cheap as WalMart, but they continue to thrive). Sounds like they need a lesson on COST VS. VALUE! :lol:

That is what we've been doing for the last 4 years, offer services a shuttle couldn't. 30 minutes free stops, phone calls, meet and greet, luggage assistance, nice clean cars worth 30,000 to 60,000, 1,000,000 insurance coverage, nice clean drivers :lol: , and etc...

Since the beginning of time, adapatability has meant been key to survival. The limo companies need to become more efficient, improve their product, and reduce their costs to compete.

Our costs couldn't go lower. Only if now, to compete with a FREE shuttle I should maybe lower my employees salary, my drivers daily pay. Other than that, in my business, there is not much we can do without going downhill with the service provided.

The other problem is that I usually travel alone or with one or two other people. It doesn't pay for us to get a car service, as the Mears bus was always cheaper unless you have 4 or more people. Maybe the towncars could take a step to address that issue by charging per person and not by car. (No charge for that idea, boys!) It comes down to their ability to react to changes in their operating environment. Just watch....the smart ones will not try to change Disney, but will change themselves and survive.

That said, I shall protest the limo protest by booking my Magical Express seat.

Mears is $29.00 per person round trip. We, for most resorts, charge $95.00 with all the extras above mentioned. I don't think I could go any cheaper offering what I offer. A cab costs about $100.00 round trip with their new rates. How could I survive charging much less than a regular taxi cab that offers absolutely nothing to it's clients. :veryconfu

It's illegal for Towncar companies to offer a per person rate. That's why we are a Limo service not a shuttle service. With the price we pay for the Towncar, a luxury vehicle, we couldn't possibly work in a per capita rate. It will be bankruptcy in the first month. Trust me, the idea is good and I thought of it a long time ago, but financially it couldn't work.
The only thing I could do is open a new business for shuttles only, but then again, how will I compete with FREE!!! :brick:

wannab@dis

Quicksilver said:
Maybe I was not clear when I said advertisement campaigns.

Our new "campaigns" are as follows:
Included as a member of the Better Business Bureau.
Included in the Orlando and Visitors Bureau.

Included in the 2006 issues of the folowing guide books:
- Unofficial Guide to WDW (Bob Sehlinger)
- Passporter (Dave Marx)
- Passporter - For Your Special Needs (Deb Wills)
- Luxury Guide to WDW (Cara Goldsbury)
All the above with no cost to us. We were selected for our reputation, and were of course "surveyed" by each one.

Closed, since May, 12 new partnerships with other travel agencies specialized in travel to Orlando/WDW. We already were working with about 14 before May (ME).

Expending our market to other countries (other than the ones we already worked with - (UK and Canada)).

We have included a new Cadillac Escalade ESV to our fleet to attract more business (and be able to upgrade some of our clients).

Those are the new campaigns I was mentioning in my prior post. :animwink:
I hope that will catch someone's eyes. :sohappy:

Gregory Nicolas.
:wave:

This is what I've been talking about. The STRONG companies with a real business plan will not be killed by a perk that Disney offers. I also assume that you offer services to people that have destinations other than disney or MCO. A good strong business plan and concentration on quality of service will always win in a pricing war. A pricing war can only last for a short amount of time, but quality service will always survive and quite possible thrive until the others have to bring their pricing structure back to market prices.

Quicksilver

wannab@dis said:
:wave:

This is what I've been talking about. The STRONG companies with a real business plan will not be killed by a perk that Disney offers. I also assume that you offer services to people that have destinations other than disney or MCO. A good strong business plan and concentration on quality of service will always win in a pricing war. A pricing war can only last for a short amount of time, but quality service will always survive and quite possible thrive until the others have to bring their pricing structure back to market prices.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

lewisc

FWIW--I went from renting a car to using DME. I found I wasn't using a rental car very much. The time from landing to my resort isn't that much more than it would be with a limo or rental car since I save 10-20 minutes waiting for my luggage. I also save on tips to the bellhop and/or storage at my resort.

Greg if you really want grounds to complain wait until someone comes up with the idea of giving customers who book a Mears towncar a credit of $25/head and allow their luggage to be run through the DME system. I'm surprised Mears hasn't tried that.

BTW The going price for remote luggage check in is around $10/bag. I'm not sure how popular the service will be if Disney starts charging "market rate"

MickeyTigg

Transportation Drivers Strike; Claim Disney, Mears Stealing Business

Transportation Drivers Strike; Claim Disney, Mears Stealing Business

WKMG
Local6.com

October 17, 2005

Several transportation drivers were again protesting at the Orlando International Airport Monday, claiming Disney and transportation giant Mears are stealing their passengers.

The drivers said Disney and Mears are recruiting passengers inside Orlando International Airport and taking their business.

Several independent contractors said if the "Disney-Mears" coalition continues, they will not be able to make ends meet," Local 6 reporter Vanessa Medina said.

"They are taking our rides," taxi driver Ed Korgan said. "They are taking rides that usually go to demand taxis."

"Sometimes I work 17 to 18 hours and cannot make any money," a driver told Medina.

The strike is expected to continue until Tuesday.

Drivers said they fear the Disney-Mears combination will begin to take traffic from the convention center and other locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom