Magical Express/New Reservation

Amos1784

So we have booked a last minute trip. I booked about a week ago and luckily got Magical Express tickets yesterday. The problem with that is since that I have cancelled that reservation and re-booked. We are still arriving on the same flight and still staying at the same resort, I just found a better rate so it is under a different confirmation number. We leave next Friday so I do not have time to get new luggage tags, will the luggage tags that I have still be ok since arrival date, location, and flight are all the same, just a different reservation number?

nickys

Premium Member
I wouldn't count on it. Leave the tags off and grab your own luggage.

They'd probably get to you eventually but eventually might be three days later. I don't think the bar code will scan properly.

You need to phone DME and give your new details. Your DME "reservation" is tied to your resort stay, so different confirmation no. means you need to re book DME.

Then you have two choices:

1. Collect your own luggage
2. Hand over your luggage receipts to the DME desk and they will collect your luggage and deliver it. Just like international guests do all the time.

Upvote 0

tractor tipper

Had to check my memory (asked my daughter). Last Sept. we delayed our trip one week because of the hurricane. Had to switch from Boulder Ridge to AoA. We used the original tags, luggage magically appeared in our AoA room. We called ahead at the time, thought we would need new tags. We were told to use original tags as they are linked to our names and yes we did have a different res. number. I would call to make sure in case something has changed.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
That's my thinking, why take a chance.

There's really no risk to handing over luggage receipts to them.

If we fly via a hub airport in the US, that's what we do. Just hand over those stubs and get on the bus.

When we fly direct, then we just drag our bags with us after clearing customs, although I do like the idea of putting them back on the carousel. To be honest I usually forget about that option, I'm just impatient to head to the main terminal.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
There's really no risk to handing over luggage receipts to them.
If I'm changing reservations late in the game, I'd rather control my own destiny at that point. I think you could be asking for trouble relying on another person to do something that is the exception and not the norm.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
If I'm changing reservations late in the game, I'd rather control my own destiny at that point. I think you could be asking for trouble relying on another person to do something that is the exception and not the norm.

It's not an exception though for them to collect cases. There are hundreds of international guests every week who do this.

An exception is a very occasional event. This is not. But whatever makes you happy!

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
It's not an exception though for them to collect cases. There are hundreds of international guests every week who do this.

An exception is a very occasional event. This is not. But whatever makes you happy!
Regardless, I stand by my sentiment, and I'd rather not take a chance

Upvote 0

Amos1784

Original Poster
Why don’t people call customer service? It’s fun - you hear park music on hold. 🎶

I did plan on calling anyways, but due to past experience I wanted to see if anyone had actually done it. I have been told different things from different cast members regarding other issues. Anyways, update is I called last Friday and they told us it would be no problem to use the other luggage tags when scanned they would be linked back to our account (no mention of new tags). However, we received a UPS package yesterday and it was an urgent labeled package sent from Magical Express with new luggage tags linked directly to this reservation. So, we made revisions to our original reservation on Thursday and yesterday (Monday) received the UPS letter with updated tags. I didn't think they would spend that $$ on sending urgent UPS for last minute changes/reservations but was a pleasant surprise!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom