Magical Express Luggage Pickup

m3th77

Ok, I looked around a bit and couldn't find an answer right off hand. SO, does anyone know if I can use the magical express service JUST for my luggage? I am using a limo service, Qiucksilver per everyone on here, but was wondering if the Disney folks would still pickup my luggage even though I won't be on one of their buses. Anyone know?

PhilharMagician

Yes you can, somewhat, but is not done under magical express.

Apon arrival you will have to pick-up your luggage and bring it with you in the limo or town car.

Now for the return trip. If you are using one of the airlines that are part of the airline check-in service at the resorts you can then check you luggage and receive you boarding passes right there at the resort. Now when you take your limo back you will not have to deal with your bags.

This was great for us. First thing in the morning we chaecked our bags and then went to the parks. The next time I saw them was on the luggage carrosel at my home airport.

I hope this helps. Which resort are you staying at?

Upvote 0

manda0125

Magical X-press

Does your luggage go with you on the bus? We fly in in the AM and that night we are going to MNSSHP but I'm worried that the luggage won't get to the hotel in time for everyone to change.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

manda0125 said:
Does your luggage go with you on the bus? We fly in in the AM and that night we are going to MNSSHP but I'm worried that the luggage won't get to the hotel in time for everyone to change.

No the luggage doesn't go with you on the bus, it is delivered directly to your hotel room several hours later. You might want to pack a small carry on with the things you want to change into just to be safe.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Another option is to claim your own luggage then take it to the bus. We are arriving around 10:00 p.m. and that is what they suggested to us because most likely our luggage wouldn't arrive until the next day.

Upvote 0

ypcat

swimmom said:
Another option is to claim your own luggage then take it to the bus. We are arriving around 10:00 p.m. and that is what they suggested to us because most likely our luggage wouldn't arrive until the next day.

I believe he is asking if he can have ME take his luggage only and then take a towncar. ME won't load your luggage on a bus until you have checked in at the ME desk.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

ypcat said:
I believe he is asking if he can have ME take his luggage only and then take a towncar. ME won't load your luggage on a bus until you have checked in at the ME desk.

This was a response to a separate question by manda0125, not the original poster.

Upvote 0

NewfieGirl

swimmom said:

We get there around 11pm and they told us the same thing.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Marge10369 said:
We will be getting in at 9:35 am. Any idea how long it takes luggage to get to your room? I will carry items to freshen up, but was just wondering.

They tell you about 3-4 hours, but it could be longer, depends I guess on how many people are coming in that day.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Marge10369 said:
We will be getting in at 9:35 am. Any idea how long it takes luggage to get to your room? I will carry items to freshen up, but was just wondering.

The goal is to have your luggage delivered to your room within 2 hours of your arrival to your Resort. The earlier you arrive, the faster your luggage is delivered.

If you are arriving before 3 pm, your luggage may beat you to your room.

If you arrive between 3 pm and 9 pm expect a delivery within 2 to 3 hours.

If you arrive after 9 pm, you may be better off pulling your luggage yourself or expect it the following morning, normally after 9 am.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

donaldfan

rental car

I'm going with a group of six, and we want a rental car -- so, four of us are going to use the service and tag our bags -- while the other two (no luggage in their name) are going to go rent the mini-van and will meet as at the Wilderness Lodge.

Does anyone think I'm missing something?

Also, can we check our bags at the hotel -- we are flying AirTran.

Upvote 0

dflye

suzie_q183 said:
AirTran does not have the check-in at the hotel option. Unless that has changed since May.
Well, at least since they have a van, they could almost do what was described in reverse, so that three people return the van with all the luggage (assuming only one checked bag per person, so each van-rider could check in their limit of two bags), and wait for the other three to catch up via ME.

Personally, if I had a van that would hold six people and luggage, I'd skip ME entirely, and avoid the inherent delays if you aren't the first stop on the route, plus the multiple hour (or even overnight) wait for you bags.

Upvote 0

donaldfan

I don't mind if my bags aren't in my room for a couple hours. I'm trying to avoid waiting at baggage claim and hauling my bags all around the airport and rental car shuttle, etc, etc.

I think I can still check my bags without checking into my flight at AirTran. Per a previous poster they took a limo from the resort, but checked their bags at the hotel.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

m3th77 said:
Ok, I looked around a bit and couldn't find an answer right off hand. SO, does anyone know if I can use the magical express service JUST for my luggage? I am using a limo service, Qiucksilver per everyone on here, but was wondering if the Disney folks would still pickup my luggage even though I won't be on one of their buses. Anyone know?

Why would you want to do this? :veryconfu
If you are paying Quicksilver, it is part of their service to meet you at the luggage area and help with your bags. That way they are never out of your site.

When you get to the resort, the Bellmen will take your stuff to your room for you or store them til your room is ready.

Messing with the system is opening the door to all kinds of defects.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom