Magical Express Changes

TURKEY

Starting February 10th:

Disney's Magical Express will now mail one luggage tag per person, due to more and more people flying with carry-on luggage only or at most 1 checked bag. If you need more tags you can contact DME guest services at 866-599-0951.

Starting February 16th:

Tags will only be mailed to US and Canada residents. Tags will not be mailed to other international guests (other collateral hasn't been mailed in years if ever).

International guests will still be able to use DME. Some guests will need to claim their bags to clear customs. Others will either need to claim them and take with on the bus or present claim checks to DME cast members at the welcome center.

Tom

Beta Return
I was told yesterday by ME, that all you need to do is give them your baggage claim tickets at the counter and they will get your bags regardless of having the yellow tags on them or not.

I would not advise relying on them to get your bags unless they have the Yellow Tags.

How it works: the bags are unloaded from the plane and are dumped off into the baggage sorting system. DME employees grab the yellow tag bags off the conveyor before those bags even make it to the sorting system. The rest of the bags go through the normal sorting process and end up on a Claim Carousel in the terminal.

So, if you don't have Yellow Tags on your bags, there's a 99.9% guarantee that DME will never see them. If you don't tag your bags, you need to go get them yourself from baggage claim and carry them on the DME bus with you.

Upvote 0

wdweric2.0

I would not advise relying on them to get your bags unless they have the Yellow Tags.

How it works: the bags are unloaded from the plane and are dumped off into the baggage sorting system. DME employees grab the yellow tag bags off the conveyor before those bags even make it to the sorting system. The rest of the bags go through the normal sorting process and end up on a Claim Carousel in the terminal.

So, if you don't have Yellow Tags on your bags, there's a 99.9% guarantee that DME will never see them. If you don't tag your bags, you need to go get them yourself from baggage claim and carry them on the DME bus with you.

I understand how ME works. I was just letting people know that if they didn't get their tags in time (like our upcoming trip) you CAN just take your baggage claim tickets to the magical express counter and they will still retrieve your bags for you. When you have 2 adults, 3 small children, 2 strollers and 4-5 bags, Not having to retrieve our bags is great! bu we will see if we can manage getting our own.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
I understand how ME works. I was just letting people know that if they didn't get their tags in time (like our upcoming trip) you CAN just take your baggage claim tickets to the magical express counter and they will still retrieve your bags for you. When you have 2 adults, 3 small children, 2 strollers and 4-5 bags, Not having to retrieve our bags is great! bu we will see if we can manage getting our own.

Sorry if I sounded insulting. I just wanted to make sure you weren't someone who misunderstood the DME person and was set for doom! :p

Anyway, I've never heard of that DME will go dig for your bags after the fact. It still makes me a tad leery. I barely trust their minimum wage "Baggage Claim Professionals" to get all the Yellow bags correctly. I can't imaging trusting them to search through the sorting facility and the carousel to find my nondescript bags too.

Just be careful. You may want to put your own Bright Yellow ribbons or something on your bags to help someone (and yourself) identify them. There's no way I'd be able to tell them how to find my bags, especially when I can barely find my own :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom