Magical Express Bus Video

Which video was better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MickeyisMyBestFriend

Original Poster
I was on the Magical Express around eight months ago when this video that I did not like came on. I missed the furry characters talking about there trip, instead I had to listen to Carissa talk about buying more things.:( When I went back in June it was still there and I was once more disappointed. I was wondering about all of your thought. I thought the old video was much better. Bring it back!

Cmdr_Crimson

I Love the original video...:D

As For the New DME TV Hostess...She's...Meh.....But, I just do not like the presentation of the video...It's horrible....
20130705_102450.jpg

sissa216

I prefer the old version. Although the new one is less emotional and doesn't cause quite so many tears on the return trip- so that's sort of a plus :)

My favorite part of the new version is sharing a name with the host! When you have a name that is never found on keychains or coffee mugs, you get excited about little things like this :D

MickeyisMyBestFriend

Original Poster
I prefer the old version. Although the new one is less emotional and doesn't cause quite so many tears on the return trip- so that's sort of a plus :)

My favorite part of the new version is sharing a name with the host! When you have a name that is never found on keychains or coffee mugs, you get excited about little things like this :D
I understand your issue:)

MikeTaylorSound

I understand the need to inform passengers of safety guidelines and other things, but the host reminds me of Alexandra Wentworth (In Living Color, her own show daytime talk show for awhile)-who's very annoying. I prefer the soothing voice of Disney, Mr. Joe Hursh... it gets you pumped up, ready to tackle the World!

seahawk7

I was on the Magical Express around eight months ago when this video that I did not like came on. I missed the furry characters talking about there trip, instead I had to listen to Carissa talk about buying more things.:( When I went back in June it was still there and I was once more disappointed. I was wondering about all of your thought. I thought the old video was much better. Bring it back!
Maybe it's where they are storing Spectromagic.:cry:

Paul jr

Did someone have a link to the new video?

Edit: This is the only video I found on youtub about the new DME video; only the safety spiel, witch I found pretty great.

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

First post! Hey! I adore the old video. Something about the narrator's voice is so classic Disney and it gets me excited just thinking about it. And as for Carissa...not one of the most talented people Disney has hired. Cringe.

Weather_Lady

The new video just feels like an infomercial. Brisk, cold and trying shrilly to sell me add-ons.

If they'd simply taken the spirit of the old video, updated the in-park footage to reflect current attractions and added a short section about MyMagic/Fastpass+, it would have been well -- but alas, they did not. The old video used to get us all excited for our vacation. The new one put both of my children to sleep.

Ariel484

Not a fan at all. I especially do not like Carissa...I admit it's totally irrational and I can't quite put my finger on why. She also does a lot of the runDisney stuff, so maybe I'm just jealous. ;)

We took DCL transfers to Port Canaveral a couple of weeks ago, and their video is like the old DME video. The characters are getting ready to take a cruise, packing up, heading to port, etc. Loved it and REALLY hope they don't change it! :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom