Magic?

DisneyRoss

Original Poster
My family had a trip to go to Disney world In march for the first time
But my mum and dad have just split up due to a affair (my dad)
The trip is still on but mum and dad in diffrent rooms
Im just worried that they wont talk and my family will not feel
the magic at the disney parks Its supposed to be the happiest place on the
Earth but will it. I was so exited about this trip but im not feeling any thing now:(
Ross

CAPTAIN HOOK

Your trip is going to go one of two ways - the family will get together and be really close (which might result in mum and dad getting back together) OR mum and dad will be really cold towards each other and this mood will affect the entire group.

Either way - I hope you enjoy your trip

hwdelien

When my first first marriage broke up (because my wife did what your dad did), we did a few family things together. No, we didn't go to WDW, but we went to Kennywood a local amusement park. The kids, for that day, had the experience of a family again. It is really easy to check your anger an pain at the door when you are doing that kind of thing. I'll bet you will have a great trip, even your parents'll have fun.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Hopefully your parents will try to play like mature adults and make the trip more for you kids. My mom cheated on my father, but we never tried anything 'friendly' beyond that. I wish you all the magic in the world for this trip. Just remember at the end of the day, it's DISNEY.

Good luck during this difficult time. :wave: :eek:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When my first first marriage broke up (because my wife did what your dad did), we did a few family things together. No, we didn't go to WDW, but we went to Kennywood a local amusement park. The kids, for that day, had the experience of a family again. It is really easy to check your anger an pain at the door when you are doing that kind of thing. I'll bet you will have a great trip, even your parents'll have fun.
Exactly. Parents in situations such as the OP's quite frequently let their relationship problems with each other get in the way of being parents to their kids.

To the OP.....I am not sure how old you are but you might have to have a sit down with mom and dad and hip them to that fact if things get ugly.

The Ghost

The last time I went to Disneyland, I was going through a lot of tough things in my life with school specifically. I walked in the park depressed but came out the happiest I've been in years. I really do think that Disney magic can turn people's lives around. I hope all goes well for you and your family.

Steve-B

Hopefully your parents will try to play like mature adults and make the trip more for you kids.

I have to agree. Plus I'll add my own advice: It is not up to you kids to make sure your folks get along and/or get back together and/or have a good time. It is up to your folks not to ruin the trip for you kids (or for themselves, for that matter). If forgiveness and reconciliation follow because of the Disney magic, great! If not, so be it.

Just my two cents' worth.

daliseurat

Earth but will it. I was so exited about this trip but im not feeling any thing now:(
Ross

The fact that the trip is still on and they have dealt with it by getting separate rooms is a pretty good sign that they will take the high road and try to have fun for everyones sake.

How many of you are going? If it's a large group it's easy to separate into smaller groups to keep the peace. If it's just you and the the parents, you need to sit down with them and let them know what your concerns are. (Actually you should do that anyway) The last thing you want is an ugly Disney trip. Hopefully they can let you know that the trip will be great, and that they will take the high road. But, everyone is different, and a divorce is HARD. Good luck and I hope you all can have a wonderful trip.

smk

I am sorry this had hapened to your family. Adults, sometimes make bad choices, however poor choices do not make you a bad person. Things I want you to keep in mind..... Children , no matter what age, are NEVER responsible for the actions of their parents. So, if your parents go and have a horrible time at a fine family fun park that does not mean you have to have a terrible time as well. It just means that they have decided to have a horrible time. I hope you choose fun.

MAGICFLOP

You would know best. Is your Mom the type of person who is bitter every second they are in the same room together now? If so then it will be miserable...

I kind of don't think so though, because your Mom is still willing to go regardless of your father being there. So if you Mom is sort of indifferent to him now, then it will be a blast.

good luck..

Ross

Jessie&Buzz

I'm sorry your family is going through this. I hope that your parents are able to look beyond everything and enjoy the vacation. I agree that you should talk to them. If they are making things miserable for you on your trip, don't be afraid to tell them. Sometimes parents can't see past the bitter and hurt feelings to realize that they are really hurting their children.

I hope you have a great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom