• Yes, I would welcome the idea

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • No, it's not worth the added price for all tix to be Park Hoppers

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Other (will post my opinion)

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters

RiversideBunny

I totally agree with you there. To me it makes absolutely no sense to have to pay extra for the "privilige" of leaving one park if it's too crowded and spending my money in another park. I really don't get it.

First off, we always use the Park Hopper option.
Can't imagine being at WDW without it, particularly now that ADR's have to be made so far in advance and you might not know what park you'll be in to match your dining location.

Now-
I've often said myself, 'Why not include the Park Hopper at no charge because what does it costs Disney extra if people are in one park or another?'.

The answer may be that park hopping does cost Disney more because people tend to be in the parks for more total hours per day if they park hop.
When everything has been done in one park, move on to the next. When one park closes and another is still open, hop on over there.

Tks.
:king:

nibblesandbits

Well, I always buy PH, so if the price is increasing for me as a person who's already a PH, then I'd be a little upset about the change. Seems like then I'm being punished, in a wierd way for something I'm already purchasing.

If the price ends up decreasing then for me or staying the same, then I'd be happy.

However, I'd have to agree with Nemo14 on this one:

Nemo14 said:
I totally agree with you there. To me it makes absolutely no sense to have to pay extra for the "privilige" of leaving one park if it's too crowded and spending my money in another park. I really don't get it.

As a guest, I do hate having to spend extra to visit another park on the same day, for a "privilige" that used to be a normalcy. In that respect, it seems as Disney is trying to nickel and dime people, simply b/c they can. (However, I do see it from Disney's standpoint and for them, asking people to pay for PH and No Expiration is a no brainer. Making it seem like people get what they want, but Disney is actually raking it in for something that doesn't cost them any money. Smart and a Catch 22.)

But I use the park hopper for tons of things. For example on my last trip, I didn't get to see Finding Nemo: The Musical, b/c there were some technical problems on the day I went to AK. But b/c I had a park Hopper, I could go back later in the week, just to catch Nemo and ride E:E one more time and then head to the park I originally wanted to go to for the day...MGM. Also, I had a situation where I went to one park for the day, but another park was having EMH that evening. I didn't want to go to the park with EMH, b/c I knew that park would be crazy! But I did want extra time in the parks that night. So I hopped over to the EMH park for more fun. To me, the park hopper is a wonderful feature and comes in handy so often.

spoodles

I think you guys are looking for a logistical reason why Disney charges for the hopper option when the answer might just be simple marketing. They charge for it because some people will gladly pay for it. So they make extra money without raising the base price and sticker-shocking the people who aren't interested in it. I think it's just about maximizing profit.

spirit971

I agree. I use to by extra days on the ticket and would save them for the next trip. Park Hopping was always included in the base price. Now I only buy the days I need and never buy the hopper. The way I see it with MYW they lose money on me.

JWG

I think you guys are looking for a logistical reason why Disney charges for the hopper option when the answer might just be simple marketing. They charge for it because some people will gladly pay for it. So they make extra money without raising the base price and sticker-shocking the people who aren't interested in it. I think it's just about maximizing profit.

ding ding ding! We have a winner!
Disney obviously realized they were leaving money on the table by offering park hopping and no expiration for free. And they found a great marketing scheme to boot!

They now can advertise a simplified and more flexible (for the guest of course) ticket packge. You just pick the # of days you want to stay and let us know which features are important to you. We'll make it happen as you wish.

In the grand scheme of things I'm sure it made it look like the average price held or went down to the casual guest. In reality, I'm positive it didn't - Disney has never been about making less money.

This was an exercise in we can make more money if we charge for these options because people will pay for them.

And now, since you can't activiate multiple days of a MYW ticket on the same day (ie, you can't use 2 days of a 5 day ticket to enter two parks) - they can make even more money.

My aunt and uncle would by base tickets at cheap discounts and just use 2 days to enter multiple parks on the same day. At some point they stopped that in the last year.

I absolutely agree, park hopping should be included. But it's not at Universal either - and I think it makes more sense there with only 2 parks and if no lines, Universal isn't all day.

I also agree, park hopping is not a good use of your entertainment dollar, you lose significant park time transporting between locations. The best use of your time is to likely spend a full day at each park instead of multiple parks on multiple days.

celticdog

I like the MYW tickets. We buy a 4 day base ticket each and thats it. We do one park per day. To me it is less stressfull to be in only one park per day. I guess I could understand getting the park hopper option during the busy times but when we go the 2nd week in Dec it is not necessary. :shrug:

I agree. We did park hopping once back in 1999. When they were called Unlimited Magic Passes. It came as part of our total package. I found it to be a waste time moving from park to park. Now it's also a waste of my money. It's an option I'll never use.

Eyorefan

I voted that it wasn't worth it because truth be told, I don't think that many people park hop. There have been times were we have gone and we were counting pennies to save as much as possible, and in those cases, park hopping is the first thing to drop.

coasterphil

And now, since you can't activiate multiple days of a MYW ticket on the same day (ie, you can't use 2 days of a 5 day ticket to enter two parks) - they can make even more money.

My aunt and uncle would by base tickets at cheap discounts and just use 2 days to enter multiple parks on the same day. At some point they stopped that in the last year.

That isn't the case. If you take your ticket to guest relations they can use up a day and give you a one day one park pass to use. I send people over there all the time because they aren't going to be staying as long as they thought so they want to use that last day at another park. Thats what they told me in my training, so I'd assume it works.

CaptainMichael

I think the only time I've spent an entire day in one park was for EPCOT's 25th. Normally, EPCOT is more of just an evening park for me because that's where its charm lies for me (World Showcase, Illuminations, etc). There is no way in hell that I could spend a full day at DHS and especially DAK since it closes early. Last week with my family, we were able to do every thing we wanted in the MK by 3pm...and it closed at 7 for MNSSHP. Park hopping then allows you to go to AK, ride Everest, and then go to EPCOT for Illuminations.

Park Hopping = AWESOME

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom