Magic Your Way Finger Measurements?

bucklmd

Well, here is my two cents:

From what I observed, this finger scan thing does nothing but cause much longer waits at the gate and aggrevates me. With the extra hassel and people who don't speak English are already confused, we're going to have to get a Fastpass to get in the park.

I understand that people switching tickets may not be the most ethical practice, but why are they just now trying to crack down on this? If they were really concerned about it, then they shouldn't lower their ticket prices.

The other thing I don't get is how many different sizes of hands are there really? Maybe I just don't get it, but if they are just going by size and the looks of your fingers, then what if my friend had pretty much the same size hand as me and I used their ticket? How could they really prove they were different? I may just be totally confused on how it works, but to me, it is not to the convenience of the guests.

peter11435

bucklmd said:
Well, here is my two cents:

From what I observed, this finger scan thing does nothing but cause much longer waits at the gate and aggrevates me. With the extra hassel and people who don't speak English are already confused, we're going to have to get a Fastpass to get in the park.

I understand that people switching tickets may not be the most ethical practice, but why are they just now trying to crack down on this? If they were really concerned about it, then they shouldn't lower their ticket prices.

The other thing I don't get is how many different sizes of hands are there really? Maybe I just don't get it, but if they are just going by size and the looks of your fingers, then what if my friend had pretty much the same size hand as me and I used their ticket? How could they really prove they were different? I may just be totally confused on how it works, but to me, it is not to the convenience of the guests.
Many measurements are taken of your fingers and used in a formula to assign you a specific number based on your measurements. This number is not totally unique, and it is possible that you and your friend both have the same number. However this is very unlikely. The chance of someone else having the same number as you, are about 1 in a 1000. Chances are you are not switching with someone that is a perfect match, however that’s not to say it couldn't happen. This is also the reason why the bio scans can't be used to replace lost passes because it does not identify you as an individual.

I visit the parks almost every weekend including holidays and can say I have never waited more than a few minutes to enter the park. One of the biggest problems with the turnstiles however, is that people think they have to wait in line even when there should not be one. Most of the time when the lines seem long, there are turnstile with no one using them. People just think if there is not a line they can't go there. I have never waited more than 5 minutes to enter a park even at opening. Most of the time I am able to walk right up to an empty turnstile.

JPVonDrake

Do note that on all Walt Disney World Ticket sold after 1982, it does clearly state that the ticket is non-refundable and non-transferable. This is in accordance with Florida State Law restricting the resale of Theme Park and Sport Event tickets.

peter11435

JPVonDrake said:
Do note that on all Walt Disney World Ticket sold after 1982, it does clearly state that the ticket is non-refundable and non-transferable. This is in accordance with Florida State Law restricting the resale of Theme Park and Sport Event tickets.
Correct, as I stated earlier Florida State Statute 817.361 says that multi day and multi event ticket media must be used by the same person on any and all days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom