News 'Disney After Hours' ticketed event

jt04

There already is a before hours even at DHS. Early morning magic. But it's only for Toy Story rides right now. Who know what craziness will ensue for the Star Wars.

This could work similar to After Hours events on days when there are no early morning magic events. With Galaxy's Edge there is so much to see and do you wouldn't even need the major attractions open. Just a thought. No idea if any such plans are in the works.

aliceismad

This could work similar to After Hours events on days when there are no early morning magic events. With Galaxy's Edge there is so much to see and do you wouldn't even need the major attractions open. Just a thought. No idea if any such plans are in the works.
this is me with all things 🤷‍♀️

Patcheslee

MDE shows until AK March to June, and MK March to May, but no exact dates showing yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190324-123616_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20190324-123616_Disney World.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 209

Kman101

I don't see why they wouldn't extend the dates, it's proving to be popular, with nights "selling out". Seems like a no brainer to continue to offer them (especially when crowds are only going to continue to grow and crowd the park). If I weren't able to live as close as I do, I'd certainly plan my trip around the After Hours and would prefer that to regular day tickets ... lol. But I have an annual pass so it's hard to justify buying a ticket to after hours. But I really really enjoyed the one I did at the Magic Kingdom. No crowds and walking on to almost everything really was worth the price. I think four hours would be nice, but I was able to accomplish a lot in two and a half hours (the event is usually three hours, I believe).

Although they do sometimes now offer Extra Magic Hours for Passholders (I won't call it an "event" because it's not, it's EMH for passholders that you have to sign up for and it's not for lowly silver and below) ...

FigmentForver96

I don't see why they wouldn't extend the dates, it's proving to be popular, with nights "selling out". Seems like a no brainer to continue to offer them (especially when crowds are only going to continue to grow and crowd the park). If I weren't able to live as close as I do, I'd certainly plan my trip around the After Hours and would prefer that to regular day tickets ... lol. But I have an annual pass so it's hard to justify buying a ticket to after hours. But I really really enjoyed the one I did at the Magic Kingdom. No crowds and walking on to almost everything really was worth the price. I think four hours would be nice, but I was able to accomplish a lot in two and a half hours (the event is usually three hours, I believe).

Although they do sometimes now offer Extra Magic Hours for Passholders (I won't call it an "event" because it's not, it's EMH for passholders that you have to sign up for and it's not for lowly silver and below) ...
You know I almost considered buying into the one for Hollywood Studios this past weekend. Luckily I wised up and realized what park I was about to dish out money for. It’s sad because I know this is the up charge version of EMH but I totally would pay for an after hours at Animal Kingdom. God what’s wrong with me??

Kman101

You know I almost considered buying into the one for Hollywood Studios this past weekend. Luckily I wised up and realized what park I was about to dish out money for. It’s sad because I know this is the up charge version of EMH but I totally would pay for an after hours at Animal Kingdom. God what’s wrong with me??

lol. I totally understand. I do keep toying with the idea of doing it for HS or AK. I'd probably choose AK too. What's wrong with us?? lol

Kman101

Just guessing, but, maybe because with the later Summer hours, they don't want to have an after hours event go from 11 PM to 2 AM?

True, for summer time it doesn't really make sense when hours are extended. I think they'd want to keep them in the "less busy" times. By extended I wasn't thinking about summer, just the idea that they'd keep offering them going forward, past the original dates they set.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Wife and I did the After Hours at HS in December. It was worth every penny. It was far more empty than any EMH Ive seen in the last 15 years. Literally walking onto every attraction and being able to ride multiple times was great, but more importantly, for us, just being in the park with practically nobody around is what made it amazing. Sitting down on a bench with drinks in hand and just soaking in the atmosphere was priceless. We had a blast getting pictures with nobody in sight.

Kman101

People clearly have too much money. 🙄

All Disney sees is, "hey, this works - MOAR!!!"

It's not the worst offering in the world, personally.

Would I prefer park hours extended, without charging for three more hours in the park? Sure. But I do see the benefit in offering this. It's honestly worth the price IMHO. Should they be doing it? IDK. But it's not the big deal people have made it out to be ... and I know some argue "but park hours" .... the parks often close at 9. It's not hurting anything.

I can't believe some of you are making me defend this offering, lol.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom