Magic Kingdom/WDW's 50th Anniversary

doctornick

Too bad the train won't go to Avatarland...now THAT would be cool.

Someday, when they open up a new "land" on the undeveloped plot between Asia and Africa, I would like them to reconfigure the train to travel to the new land -- have it be a legit form of transport for the park.

tirian

It just seems like the parks and hotels are more crowded than ever, reservations are difficult to get year round...Do they really need to spend millions of dollars on billboard advertising in Florida?...those millions of dollars could be put to better use for maintenance and construction of new attractions... Add more ride capacity in parks like DHS which only has a laughable 6 rides... even less than Animal Kingdom...

The resorts aren't fully operating, either. Last summer I stayed in a "booked solid" deluxe resort, and only one other family was in my hallway.

The marketing money doesn't come out of the same budget as park maintenance, but it's mostly a shell game.

SnarkyMonkey

The Train and Planet Watch definitely need something... Look at what Universal did with the train to Hogwarts...can you imagine a journey on the train to a far away place where the conservation laboratories are? or better yet another continent with more attractions to explore? It could and should be so much more...

I see what you are saying and I don't disagree that it is a cool idea. I always saw the purpose of Rafiki's Planet Watch as quite different. I always thought of it as a "behind the scenes" look at how the animal care worked and really promoting the AK message of conservation and education. Of course, I know that there are very few people who appreciate this and that most people find it boring and skippable. So, I could see them doing something different with the area and I wouldn't be opposed to it.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The resorts aren't fully operating, either. Last summer I stayed in a "booked solid" deluxe resort, and only one other family was in my hallway.

The marketing money doesn't come out of the same budget as park maintenance, but it's mostly a shell game.

Yes you too have seen that shell game at WDW resorts.

brb1006

Wouldn't it be have been nice for WDW to celebrate it's 50th anniversary? By bringing back the previous logo using from 1971 until the late 1990's but with the word 50th added in it.
Walt_Disney_World_1992.png

ag3_tre

I think that this DVC 25th anniversary show has a lot of the elements we'll see in the Wishes replacement.

That first song reminds me a lot of DLF's "Step Into the Magic/Live The Magic." And they used the new color changing lights on the towers in the hub! They might actually be useful for something.

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
I could definitely see them doing either a new nighttime parade, or an updated version of SpectroMagic (a WDW classic). You can bet a 50th celebration world wide (get it?!) and a 50th fireworks show.

I would love to see the following, even if it is a long shot:
- Updated track and on-board audio at Space Mountain
- Replacement for stitch's great escape, I want monsters laugh floor (I would only hope, not likely)

dstrawn9889

I could definitely see them doing either a new nighttime parade, or an updated version of SpectroMagic (a WDW classic). You can bet a 50th celebration world wide (get it?!) and a 50th fireworks show.

I would love to see the following, even if it is a long shot:
- Updated track and on-board audio at Space Mountain
- Replacement for stitch's great escape, I want monsters laugh floor (I would only hope, not likely)
tumblr_m3z98xNENw1r2conho1_400.jpg

IMFearless

All I want is a 50th Anniversary box set of music, 12 discs covering all 4 of the parks.

I actually emailed Walt Disney Records with this exact idea a few months ago. One CD each for Advenureland, Main Street, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Parades, Fireworks, Hollywood Studios, Future World, World Showcase, Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon, plus various resorts. A 50th Aniversary Box set of music from the World. I'm sure it would sell.

Stevek

I actually emailed Walt Disney Records with this exact idea a few months ago. One CD each for Advenureland, Main Street, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Parades, Fireworks, Hollywood Studios, Future World, World Showcase, Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon, plus various resorts. A 50th Aniversary Box set of music from the World. I'm sure it would sell.
Not sure how much Randy Thorton is still involved in projects, but he's the guy that has championed previous sets inside Disney. Sounds like there was some thought around a real Disneyland 60th (new content) but it never got off the ground. My guess is that Disney won't go down the DL path and do a box set even though the DL one sold well. Just a gut feeling, hope I'm wrong.

brb1006

I think that this DVC 25th anniversary show has a lot of the elements we'll see in the Wishes replacement.

That first song reminds me a lot of DLF's "Step Into the Magic/Live The Magic." And they used the new color changing lights on the towers in the hub! They might actually be useful for something.

Despite the fireworks only shown for one night. I'm so glad I actually seen a MK fireworks show that isn't like Wishes and actually amazed me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom