Magic Kingdom TSRs adding liquor drinks

BuddyThomas

Maybe it's because MK caters to the youngest demographic and some parents aren't excited about the idea of moron drunk adults stumbling around MK like they do at Epcot?

Just a thought...

The cheapening and dumbing down of the Disney experience continues. Walt is truly spinning in his grave.

Orlando Sentinel:

It's a departure from the philosophy of the man behind it all, Walt Disney, who famously was against alcohol at his parks. He told the Saturday Evening Post in 1956 — “No liquor, no beer, nothing. Because that brings in a rowdy element. That brings people that we don't want, and I feel they don't need it.
Sep 11, 2018

But let's all keep celebrating the slow destruction of the world's most beloved theme park... Little by little, bit by bit.
Relax. No hoardes of “moron drunk adults” are going to be stumbling around the Magic Kingdom. This assertion is totally ridiculous. As has been previously stated, you can walk to the Polynesian and get smashed on Lapu Lapu’s before heading back to the park, and you can basically do the same in any monorail resort if you want to. And this has been since the monorail resorts have been open. No trouble so far, that I know of.

When they started serving beer and wine in the MK sit down restaurants, people on here acted like the world was about to come to an end but so far, so good.

This will be fine too. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. In and out. In and out. Ahhhhhhh. All will be fine.

BuddyThomas

My issue isn’t with beer and wine. From my experience owning venues that serve alcohol, I know how hard it is to serve liquor (your five spirits) and maintain a family friendly atmosphere. Is it possible? Yes. I’ve done it. Is it easy? Hell no!
Oh good. The one who has continually bragged that he marches around the parks covered in political memorabilia has decided to opine on whether we can have a cocktail or not. How wonderful.

Dan Deesnee

Relax. No hoardes of “moron drunk adults” are going to be stumbling around the Magic Kingdom. This assertion is totally ridiculous. As has been previously stated, you can walk to the Polynesian and get smashed on Lapu Lapu’s before heading back to the park, and you can basically do the same in any monorail resort if you want to. And this has been since the monorail resorts have been open. No trouble so far, that I know of.

When they started serving beer and wine in the MK sit down restaurants, people on here acted like the world was about to come to an end but so far, so good.

This will be fine too. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. In and out. In and out. Ahhhhhhh. All will be fine.

Boil the frog slowly and it won't jump out of the pot.

Dan Deesnee

You're not saying their ultimate goal is to have a bunch of wasted adults wandering the Magic Kingdom, are you? I'm just not sure where you're going with this analogy

The slow draining away of Walt's vision. No alcohol, lower prices, family friendly.

They are doing this to make money, plain and simple. That's why we lost Magic Express, free dinning, free parking, reasonable ticket prices, etc.

The experience is being chipped away at. So although I personally don't think the liquor is a huge deal, it's one more thing on top of a pile of things that seems to get bigger all the time.

Basil of Baker Street

I have always found The Wave at Contemporary the be quiet, dark and cool for a mid day refresher.

BuddyThomas

Looks like it's official. Coming September 13 - four cocktails only, and only at Jungle Skipper Canteen, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Diamond Horseshoe

Jungle Skipper Canteen​

• Jungle Bird Cocktail – Gosling Black Rum, Campari, and cane syrup blended with pineapple and lime juices.
  • Golden Haze Margarita - Teremana Blanco Tequila, Grand Marnier, agave syrup, lime juice, and smoked chili bitters.

Liberty Tree Tavern and Diamond Horseshoe​

• Gold Rush – Elijah Craig Bourbon, lemon juice, and honey, garnished with crystalized ginger.
  • Magical Beacon Cocktail – Created in celebration of the 50th Anniversary is this concoction of Empress 1908 Gin, Bols Blue Curacao, Minute Maid premium lemonade, Orgeat (almond), lemon, hibiscus grenadine and a souvenir glow cube.

TheMaxRebo

I enjoy having a drink with dinner (don't drink soda or anything so really typically wine or beer or water). Nice to see the tropical drink options at Skippers as it fits the theme

Not sure I ever want to see like beer carts or jello shots on Main St but drinks at TS are nice

the_rich

Looks like it's official. Coming September 13 - four cocktails only, and only at Jungle Skipper Canteen, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Diamond Horseshoe

Jungle Skipper Canteen​

• Jungle Bird Cocktail – Gosling Black Rum, Campari, and cane syrup blended with pineapple and lime juices.
  • Golden Haze Margarita - Teremana Blanco Tequila, Grand Marnier, agave syrup, lime juice, and smoked chili bitters.

Liberty Tree Tavern and Diamond Horseshoe​

• Gold Rush – Elijah Craig Bourbon, lemon juice, and honey, garnished with crystalized ginger.
  • Magical Beacon Cocktail – Created in celebration of the 50th Anniversary is this concoction of Empress 1908 Gin, Bols Blue Curacao, Minute Maid premium lemonade, Orgeat (almond), lemon, hibiscus grenadine and a souvenir glow cube.
Jungle bird and gold rush sound good.

the_rich

I enjoy having a drink with dinner (don't drink soda or anything so really typically wine or beer or water). Nice to see the tropical drink options at Skippers as it fits the theme

Not sure I ever want to see like beer carts or jello shots on Main St but drinks at TS are nice
Yea, I'll agree with you there. I think at restaurants is fine but I personally wouldn't want to see epcot style booths at mk.

Ayla

Maybe it's all how you grew up.

As I said earlier in thread, Italian family, we had alcohol at baptisms, first communions, graduations, Sunday dinners, birthdays, holidays and the brunch after funerals.

So when I see it offered, doesn't bother me. It's not that I think of it as right or wrong. It's that I don't think of it at all.
I grew up in Wisconsin, land of the drunks. Beer/alcohol is literally EVERYWHERE here (schools being the only exception (literally)).

It's unnecessary.

SteveAZee

I grew up in Wisconsin, land of the drunks. Beer/alcohol is literally EVERYWHERE here (schools being the only exception (literally)).

It's unnecessary.
If the threshold is whether something is necessary or not... is a theme park necessary? Is dessert necessary?

It's probably not what you meant, but that's how I read it.

CampbellzSoup

We seem to be very snarky to each other as advanced Disney fans but yeah they’re gonna sell liquor once you knew the beer was for sale it was a matter of time. I don’t think a cocktail or two is gonna hurt anyone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom