Magic Kingdom Table Service

2bornot2be

I agree that the table service restaurants in MK aren't the best on property - but they don't have to be....

I agree with this statement!!!!!

I tried Cinderella's Royal Table once, the atmosphere was great but it defiantly was not worth 2 DP credits. I probably will not go back. I'll just stick with the Crystal Palace, The food is OK and it’s a character meal.

MK does not need the best of dinning, to be the best park in WDW.

Minthorne

I always thought of the MK as a counter service kind of park while Epcot was Table Service and HS was the cross between the two.

If I want a table service and I'm planning on the MK that day/evening I think having the monorail resorts to pick from expands the options a great deal.

if you can swing it - dinner at the Californian Grill during Wishes is better than getting a tiny glimpse of the end of Main St. from Tony's or the Crystal "Cacophony" Palace (IMHO).

Still, Be Our Guest will be a welcome addition to the MK.

sgtmgd

Original Poster
Interesting perspectives, Im well aware the monorail hop to Poly , Contemp, or Grand Flor..are ideal if you want good table service options.....very convienent to get to without alot of effort...it speaks volumns that the consensus seems to be that..counter service good...sit down...not up to par with other parks

I dissagree that MK does'nt have to have the best table service..MK is the flagship, standard bearer...whatever name you call it..it should have a signature place to eat that people would go to regarless if there are characters or not..people will argue the ambiance of CRT is worth the poor food...I would agree...once..but wouldnt and havent gone back again. Please keep the opinions coming I appreciate everyones point of view..

Heck I dont eat seafood as a rule..but Id almost try a fish sammie form columbia house after all the rave reviews here and other posts

copcarguyp71

CP for breakfast is a must for us every trip.It is a good thing that I do not have access to puffed french toast here at home otherwise I would easily weigh over 350 lbs!!!

Other than that we usually do Casey's Corner for a counter service or Cosmic Rays. The nice thing about Ray's is that seating in the AC is usually plentiful...of course we go in October so I can't speak to the rest of the year.

scottnj1966

I have always said the Magic Kingdom was always lacking the amount of table service options you have. I am not sure why Disney has never done anything about it. Do they not realize so many guests are turned away because they are all full by reservations done months in advance?

Be our Guest should help with that but we still do not know what kind of menu we will have.

As for the resturants they do have. Tonys is always good. I guess as all places you can get a bad day.
The Plaza Restaurant was really good. A very simple place but the food was great.
Liberty Tree is a heavy meal but very good. You need to be very hungry to go there. Make sure you do lots of walking after it :)
Crystal Palace is great for the kids and has a very nice buffet.
The Castle is a special place to have dinner. It is very beautiful. But your not going to go everytime for sure.

I really think they need to reopen Diamond Horseshoe as a table service with a show. Disneyland's Golden Horseshoe still has a show and it is very funny. Why can we have that?

Why did they ever close the table service restaurant in Adventureland. With all the other resturants full wouldnt it make sense to reopen places you had in the past. I really do not understand. There is nothing more frustrating then not being able to get into a nice place to eat and being forced to get a burger in a very overpacked tomorrowland or frontierland.

harryk

'Tortuga Tavern' is it ever open? Is it table service or counter service? Been visiting MK since early 1970's and have never seen it open.

Fraisie

It's true that compared to the studios and Epcot, MK has way less table service options.

I've been to CP for diner and it was ok. Not the best buffet but I didn't go there for the food.

Tony's is good, but not amazing.

Being vegan, LTT is not much of an option for me...

And I'm finally gonna get to try CRT this year. First time ever! I'm not expecting the most delicious of meals but I'm really excited about being in the castle.

BoG is definately gonna help MK's situation with lack of table service.

I wish MK had a Blue Bayou like the one over at DL. The atmosphere there is so special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom