Magic Kingdom Table Service

sgtmgd

Original Poster
Im curious on peoples thoughts, Magic Kingdom is my favorite park to attend...but my least favorite to eat..the Table Service offerings just dont do it for me:

Cinderella's Royal Table...You must do this for your kids if the have not been for the expeirence..but menu just doesent do much for me..very limited..

Liberty Tree Tavern..the ambiance of the tavern is great...better when the characters dined with you..but again...very very limited...Im not always wanting Thanksgiving in 100 degree heat in August...

Tonys.....love Lady and the Tramp..but the food was mediorce at best IMO...now I realize they just revamped it..and Ill certainly give it another go...

Crystal Palace...For BReakfast...Id go anyday...for lunch and dinner....the food doesnt warrant the price tag..

I'm hoping the new Fantasyland offers a better dining option..I think Disney missed the boat by not restructuring the Diamond Horeshow into a new lunch/Dinner show..with a revamped menu..or opening something along the lines of the sci-fi drivein..or 50s primetime cafe..but motiffed in a disney theme..

like I said Im interested in peoples thoughts

menamechris

I agree that the table service restaurants in MK aren't the best on property - but they don't have to be. I like Tony's a lot actually. For me, it's not about eating amazing food, it's about being able to eat while sitting looking out at Main Street, USA. As someone who has never used the dining plan (I'm a local); I am just happy that MK offers some pretty affordable prices - even if it does mean getting more mediocre food. That's not a bad tradeoff for me, personally...

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The MK is a culinary wonderland compared to the crap they peddle on you at DHS.

That being said, I mostly agree. When I want table service and I'm at the MK, I almost always hop on the monorail to one of the resorts. Each of them has a restaurant that you almost never need an ADR for (The Wave, Grand Floridian Cafe, and Kona).

Redsky89

I haven't had table service at Magic Kingdom in a really long time. But what I do remember is that it wasn't anything that stood out to me as that special. Not bad but not great. Usually if I eat at Magic Kingdom I just hit up Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland for a quick burger. When Epcot and it's food is only a monorail ride away then I don't feel compelled for a real sit down meal in Magic Kingdom with what they offer at the moment.

wolf359

I enjoy the lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. You get to enjoy the ambiance without having the mediocre dinner time forced upon you.

I liked my last meal at Tony's quite a bit, but overall I agree that the Magic Kingdom is lacking in table service options. My hope is one day they could introduce a table service restaurant that doesn't have the character-interaction aspect and has a slightly more varied, general-purpose menu. Right now the options are either too character intense or the menu is too focused to appeal to a wide variety of tastes.

MagicMike

Cinderella's Royal Table...You must do this for your kids if the have not been for the expeirence..but menu just doesent do much for me..very limited..

I would agree, Cinderella's Royal Table offers good breakfast, but a great experience. Out of all the options mentioned above I would actually prefer the old El Pirata Y El Perico Restaurant, now Tortuga Tavern. If I had to eat at MK, in my opinion it's the best value.

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
The only table service that we ever eat inside MK is Tony's and that's just for lunch. Because there is nothing really good in MK, we usually hop over to one of the monorail resorts and eat dinner there. Many very good table top locations between the three resorts and it doesn't cause you to lose too much park time.

WDWisAMAZING22

In Magic Kingdom, the table services we have eaten at are The Plaza, The Crystal Palace, and Liberty Tree Tavern.

The Plaza: This was a nice, little restaurant. But, it didn't really WOW me to the point where I would want to go back.

The Crystal Palace: This was my family's traditional restaurant that we would eat at the first day of our trip. When we went in August of last year though, the place was chaotic! So much noise and a lot of kids screaming. We won't be going back here anytime soon.

Liberty Tree Tavern: I have eaten here twice. The first time, I personally LOVED it, but my family wasn't too thrilled about it. They finally gave in to my persistence to go back here, and we went in our trip last August. It is now one of our favorite restaurants in Disney World! OUTSTANDING!

Magic Kingdom could really use some new dining places. I can't wait to see what the Be Our Guest Restaurant offers!

DisneyDebNJ

The only table service I enjoyed at MK was Crystal Palace, but the CS has many options, Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bills, Sleepy Hollow, however, regarding TS, why not explore some of the Monorail resorts?? The TS in every monorail resort has many, many tasty options. (it's just a quick boat ride) ;)

bethymouse

I would agree, Cinderella's Royal Table offers good breakfast, but a great experience. Out of all the options mentioned above I would actually prefer the old El Pirata Y El Perico Restaurant, now Tortuga Tavern. If I had to eat at MK, in my opinion it's the best value.
Opened seasonally though, unless they changed that. Every time I go, it has been closed.:(

bethymouse

I didn't like the service @ TTS, but the steak is delicious! I also like the simple Italian American fare.
Crystal Palace is a great place for kids, and yes it's loud!
I didn't care for LTT, but liked it when it had characters.
I am surprised that The Plaza basically only offers sandwiches as a table service meal.
So, that said, I can't wait for Be Our Guest!:)

menamechris

Wow, really? Have you been to the Hollywood Brown Derby or the Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater? Both are spectacular in their own way!

As for MK, I haven't had a table service meal yet, but we're planning on CRT in December!

I love the Brown Derby - but it is a signature restaurant, so it is a cut ahead (and about double the price - or dining plan points).. As far as Sci-Fi...I LOVE the concept. I feel the execution is lacking. Each time I have gone, I feel the concept is forced and awkward. Aside from the awful movie reel they play, how many people want to eat dinner staring at the back of their friend's head? And if you want to talk, the people in front have to twist and turn around to face you. They could have made the tables look like cars - but not made them so you are sitting single-file like in a classroom.

wolf359

Surprised that no one mentioned Columbia Harbor House.

Even though we're talking about table service?

I like Columbia Harbour House, and I also like Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill's too. That's a bit of the problem with the Magic Kingdom; the counter service options are all more appealing choices to me than any of the table service locations. When looking at the table service options either there's too much drama to get in, or the menu is too small, or sometimes both.

rufio

I love the Brown Derby - but it is a signature restaurant, so it is a cut ahead (and about double the price - or dining plan points).. As far as Sci-Fi...I LOVE the concept. I feel the execution is lacking. Each time I have gone, I feel the concept is forced and awkward. Aside from the awful movie reel they play, how many people want to eat dinner staring at the back of their friend's head? And if you want to talk, the people in front have to twist and turn around to face you. They could have made the tables look like cars - but not made them so you are sitting single-file like in a classroom.

We always use the Brown Derby for the Fantasmic Dining Package, which would be 2 points no matter where you did it, so we always feel like we come out on top - not to mention, the food and service are excellent! As far as Sci-Fi, it's always just the two of us, so we've never had the awkwardness of talking to the people in front of us. Although, I suppose it's a little strange staring at the back of two strangers' heads...

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Wow, really? Have you been to the Hollywood Brown Derby or the Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater? Both are spectacular in their own way!

As for MK, I haven't had a table service meal yet, but we're planning on CRT in December!

Yes, I have. Brown Derby serves decent food, but it's masquerading as a signature restaurant. Sci-Fi is a cool environment, but as Chris mentioned, the odd seating makes it annoying to talk to your party. Also, the food itself is essentially counter-service food. It's way, way over-priced.

Surprised that no one mentioned Columbia Harbor House.

The OP specifically asked about table service options, which Columbia Harbor House is not. If we were discussing counter service, Harbor House would be the winner, hands down.

Of the table service options in MK, my favorite would be The Plaza, which is a nice little gem at the end of Main Street. The tuna salad is delicious.

MickeyPeace

The Plaza is my favorite table service. Great view of the castle while eating meatloaf and ice cream sundae for dessert.

Columbia Harbor House is my favorite quick service. Healthy options (salmon with cous cous was excellent), lots of detail and great views as well.

rufio

The Plaza is my favorite table service. Great view of the castle while eating meatloaf and ice cream sundae for dessert.

Columbia Harbor House is my favorite quick service. Healthy options (salmon with cous cous was excellent), lots of detail and great views as well.

The thought of having to eat meatloaf at Disney World just made me cringe a little.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom