Magic Kingdom parking tip

Annielkd

what is the earliest you can get into a parking lot for one of the 4 majors? Do they actually clear the lots out at night, or do some people leave cars there overnight?

They open the gates to let people in about 45 minutes prior to the park opening. I usually go an hour prior and many times I have to wait at the gate for a bit.

mainstreetusa1

I'm pretty sure the AAA blue line is at all 4 parks. We have bought a pass off eBay in the past and had no probs, but earlier post is right that there are copies out there which would be a waste of money. To be honest I always felt a bit of a fraud using it, there's nothing wrong with my legs so I can manage getting myself onto a tram and into the park from the regular car park :p but that's just me!

nolatron

just park at the poly, contemp, or grand floridian. tell them your going to eat or just look around and then take the monorial into the park.

It used to be when you use that line at a monorail resort the guard would give you a 3-hour parking pass placard to put on your dash that had the time you came in to prevent exactly this.

Do they no longer do this?

I remember once I pulled into the Contemp and said I had reservation at Chef Mickey's. The guard actually had a reservation list, that had my name on it, that he checked before letting us in.

mrerk

Premium Member
It used to be when you use that line at a monorail resort the guard would give you a 3-hour parking pass placard to put on your dash that had the time you came in to prevent exactly this.

I remember once I pulled into the Contemp and said I had reservation at Chef Mickey's. The guard actually had a reservation list, that had my name on it, that he checked before letting us in.

I haven't seen the 3 hour pass lately. The Contemporary still has that list, but it seems that it gets abused. The last time we stayed at BLT we had cars with other Disney resort passes on them that were there all day. Some people make a ressie, use it to get by the guard and then leave the car there for the day. Whether they actually used their ressie I don't know. The Poly has the same problem.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The AAA Diamond parking is a perk for people who book a package through AAA. They get a special parking pass. You can't use it if you simply have a AAA membership.

-Rob

And this is why I have booked my last 6 packages through CAA. At Epcot, we parked so close that hubby's car starter worked from the exit turnstiles.
Keep in mind, however, there are a handful of blackout dates.

rob0519

We are fortunate enough to stay at the Polynesian or CR on all our trips and each time we return in our car the guard checks for our parking pass. We had relatives coming over for dinner and had to register them with the guard as well.

From what I know, you can say you just want to park and look around the resort. The guard may or may not let you in depending on the amount of available parking.

All in all, it's just another example of entitlement mentality where some people don't believe the rules apply to them.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Not totally sure, but they open at least 90 minutes before the park does, perhaps 2 hours.

And they *do* tow cars out of the lot nightly, even if you're staying on-site and display the resort parking tag. (I actually asked that very question of a CM friend who works in security)

-Rob
Interesting point...if a guest's car breaks done in the parking lot and they get a ride...where do they tow the car to?

Does WDW have an impound lot?

Does the car get towed to Orlando's impound lot? Sounds like very bad guest relations to me.

Tishypops

I bought a AAA pass from ebay on my last trip although I loved it I have heard a lot of stories of it going wrong so dont know if I will agian.
Although on our next trip DM is travelling with us so I will be getting a disabled pass for her :)

Tishypops

Interesting point...if a guest's car breaks done in the parking lot and they get a ride...where do they tow the car to?

Does WDW have an impound lot?

Does the car get towed to Orlando's impound lot? Sounds like very bad guest relations to me.

If your car broke down I am sure one of the parking lot CMs would notice. I got a flat on our last trip and they came over to see if we needed help. I am sure they have something in place where you can leave your car there whilst you arrange either the hire company to come and get it or a local garage to come and get it.

CaptainShortty

If your car broke down I am sure one of the parking lot CMs would notice. I got a flat on our last trip and they came over to see if we needed help. I am sure they have something in place where you can leave your car there whilst you arrange either the hire company to come and get it or a local garage to come and get it.

Disney has AAA on site and as long as you flag down security if you have a problem they will call for you to have the car towed to the service center (which is next to the Hess near MK parking).

EOD K9

Here is one if you can't remember where you parked. Use your cell phone cam to take a pic of the area and/or call your phone and leave a voicemail to say what section you are in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom