Magic Kingdom on Dec. 30

ms7479a

I was looking at the calendar for MK in December and noticed on Dec. 30 there are Fantasy in the Sky fireworks at 11:50 and no Wishes scheduled for that night. I knew that they would do this on New Years Eve, but why would they do it also on the night before New Years Eve? Does anyone know why?

donsullivan

Premium Member
The Magic Kingdom traditionally does two performance of those special editions of fireworks shows. For example, they usually run the July 4 show on 7/3 & 7/4 and New Years eve is the same. Also, on those nights the special show 'replaces' Wishes so there are not performances of Wishes on those nights.

Upvote 0

disneypyro

The last two years we've gone to the MK on December 30th, and they had the special New Year's fireworks, which were amazing and not nearly as crowded as the 31st. They also showed Holiday Wishes at 8:30pm. I'm suprised not to see it on the schedule, so they either must be planning on not showing it this year, or the calendar isn't completely up-to-date, yet.

Upvote 0

ms7479a

Original Poster
This is going to be my first time going to Disney World for Christmas/New Years, so I really appreciate all the help. Thanks.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

The last two years we've gone to the MK on December 30th, and they had the special New Year's fireworks, which were amazing and not nearly as crowded as the 31st. They also showed Holiday Wishes at 8:30pm. I'm suprised not to see it on the schedule, so they either must be planning on not showing it this year, or the calendar isn't completely up-to-date, yet.

I was equally surprised (and disappointed) as I clearly remember from last years park schedules that Wishes and Fantasy were run on December 30th and our schedules for this year are based on those of last year.

Let's hope that it is just early days and the schedules are changed between now and then

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom