News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

TrainsOfDisney

So the reports of Josh at Resort TV1 crying were false...but Sweet Lou Mongello couldn't let us down. Voice cracking, said he didn't know why he was getting emotional and needed to compose himself but didn't care anyways. God bless his heart.

So you are watching Disney vloggers, and then coming on to a Disney fan site to report on how emotional they got? God bless your heart.

Captain Neo

Vloggers and the people that watch them are another big reason disney parks are in the dumps. Nice to know that in the middle of a national crisis all of the problems with modern disney come back alongside the parks premature opening.

ElvisMickey

So the reports of Josh at Resort TV1 crying were false...but Sweet Lou Mongello couldn't let us down. Voice cracking, said he didn't know why he was getting emotional and needed to compose himself but didn't care anyways. God bless his heart.

Barf 🤢. I was just glad to get out of the house for the first time in 4 months to somewhere other than Walmart.

Piebald

The Splash merch will almost certainly be restocked. I predict most of these flippers taking a loss on this stuff.
I dont know. Go on Ebay and look it up. Literal happy meal toys from years ago going for $20. Plush for $100-200. That's not even just some arbitrary price people put, they all have actual bids so they will sell at those prices at the least. I dont see one store in a theme park, even if they restock every day, flooding the market and saturating. Not unless they have warehouses of Brer merch.
Screenshot_20200709-183401_eBay.jpg

Stevek

Vloggers and the people that watch them are another big reason disney parks are in the dumps. Nice to know that in the middle of a national crisis all of the problems with modern disney come back alongside the parks premature opening.

I was suprised at report of how small the crowds were. Not sure if that was by design or people were just hesitant to show up....people other than ebay resellers of course. The pics I saw of crowds at Disneyland's Downtown Disney reopening are a bit mind-boggling.

_caleb

I understand why you wouldn't care for some of the more click-baity and fawny Disney vloggers, but I'm not sure how vloggers are responsible for ruining the parks. In fact, how are any different than this site (on which you are a Well-Known Member). They're fans, and hobbyists like the rest of us, aren't they? Nobody forces you to watch their videos.

I'm thankful for those who are there to show us what it's like in the parks at reopen.

I also agree with you that the opening is premature.

_caleb

I dont know. Go on Ebay and look it up. Literal happy meal toys from years ago going for $20. Plush for $100-200. That's not even just some arbitrary price people put, they all have actual bids so they will sell at those prices at the least. I dont see one store in a theme park, even if they restock every day, flooding the market and saturating. Not unless they have warehouses of Brer merch.View attachment 482459
To be fair, how much do those sell for in the parks?

Bob Harlem

I dont know. Go on Ebay and look it up. Literal happy meal toys from years ago going for $20. Plush for $100-200. That's not even just some arbitrary price people put, they all have actual bids so they will sell at those prices at the least. I dont see one store in a theme park, even if they restock every day, flooding the market and saturating. Not unless they have warehouses of Brer merch.View attachment 482459

It's stuff like this (the fact people buy it, and things like the crazy "superchat" amounts on the live streams) that give credence to the mentally insane Disney fan (and sometimes cast) trope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom