Magic Kingdom Hours Extended Today

devoy1701

Just got home from work and noticed this hadn't been posted, MK hours have been extended to 1am today.

good call. We left the part yesterday at about 11:30pm and the crowds were still unbelievable! SM still had a 100 min wait.

now granted it was an EMH night, but it still seemed way more packed than on a normal EMH night.

prberk

What a difference a day makes. We were there on Wednesday and Thursday, and practically walked onto everything. MK closed at eight those nights. But Saturday was a whole different story. At 11:00 p.m. it was still massively crowded that night, and during the day it had been crazy crowded. They extended the posted hours that night from 11 p.m. close to midnight close.

And on Friday night, the 9:30 p.m. Hoop-De-Doo Revue was only half full.

On a different note, Thursday and Friday's rains were drenching (especially Thursday). We had a good time though. It cleared up Thursday just barely in time for the Polynesian Luau. My first time at the luau. It was fun, and the ribs were good. I expected more fruit, though. As it was, the appetizer plate included pineapple and salad, but I was expecting like a big spread of coconuts, bananas, kiwi, strawberries, mangos, etc.

On Friday, we were at DHS, and the crowds were only modest there, too. We did notice that they shortened the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular when it started to rain (although it was only a drizzle at that point). They did not do the airplane sequence.

Paul

kc1296426

Are you guys sure it closes at 1am tonight? Official WDW site doesn't say 1am yet and I'm probably visiting tonight but just want to make sure.

Mikester71

Canadian Spring Break is this week guys (for most of us anyways). Most of the kids would have been done school last Friday and the ones who drove down would have all been getting in to WDW on the Saturday. We are usually down there for it (well, every second year) and I know the parks are always crowded with huge wait times. And they also usually keep the parks open later on most nights and run some of the shows (Fantasmic) more than they are regularly scheduled to run to accommodate the huge amounts of people.

Can't wait to get down there for NEXT year's Spring Break (which will fall between March 12-20)!!! :sohappy:

Gucci65

There was also a huge cheerleading competition this past weekend, which of course would have added to the crowd level.

They all left Monday, so now it's just Spring Breakers!

DizneyPryncess

This is my normal week at WDW, and I'm so bummed I'm not there! My family is there though - can vouch for high crowds. This week is almost always crowded for us! Glad they extended hours, I don't recall that always happening when I've been there.

Mikester71

This is my normal week at WDW, and I'm so bummed I'm not there! My family is there though - can vouch for high crowds. This week is almost always crowded for us! Glad they extended hours, I don't recall that always happening when I've been there.

We have been every 2nd March since 2005 during this week too and I was asking my wife today if she remembers them extending the hours every night like this. They have, but neither of us can remember if it was an every night thing or just a few times during the week. When they did, I don't think they were advertised or anything like that. It was almost like they just waited to see how busy the parks were each day and then decided in the middle of the day or early evening to remain open later.

DisneyGator

Anybody know if it is Spring Break for anyone other than Canada? Or if the parks are packed from Canada's Spring Break?? We are going on Saturday and hoping it won't be too packed...very happy that they extended MK's hours to 1:00 am though!!!

007mickey

Anybody know if it is Spring Break for anyone other than Canada? Or if the parks are packed from Canada's Spring Break?? We are going on Saturday and hoping it won't be too packed...very happy that they extended MK's hours to 1:00 am though!!!

Alabama's is this week.

Mikester71

Our Spring Break ends this weekend, so most Canadians will probably be leaving on Saturday and Sunday with schools going back Monday. We usually stay a few extra days ourselves, but most people I talk to up here only go for the week.

Hope the parks empty out for ya and enjoy your trip! :wave:

elisatonks

Original Poster

i've mostly seen canadian numberplates while parking cars this week, that explains it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom