Magic Kingdom Fireworks Tips and Tricks

NomeKing88

Original Poster
I've been searching the mouse webs for info regarding how to best view the fireworks and have been seeing a lot of conflicting info! Where do you like to watch them? How long before the show do you get there? When does access to Cinderella Castle close down before the show? How long after the fireworks does fantasyland reopen? Help meeee. o_O

Rosanne

I wish I could help you but I think Its impossible to avoid the crowds during the show on the castle and fireworks unless you start waiting up front at 7 pm. I have actually seen people line up at 6. Its crazy. I only go to Disney during the week when the kids are in school.. It really doesnt matter because just about everyone in the park shows up at the castle. Thousands. I cant imagine what it must be like on weekends.

StarWarsGirl

There's plenty of viewing room. Depending on when you're going, you don't need to get there super early unless you want to be directly in front of the castle (like, right on front of it) which I don't think is necessary. I got there ten minutes before the show the other night and found a spot near the hub. The only way you'd need to get there super dooper early is if you're going at Christmas or another extremely high time. Other than that, 10-30 minutes before should be plenty of time.

In front of the castle on main Street is best. There's projections involved, so you want to be able to see the castle.

The castle closes periodically throughout the day to accommodate the stage show. It was closed today by 5 pm. Fireworks were at 8.

TrainsOfDisney

It all depends what your goal is. You can watch from the boat dock of the Grand Floridian, the beach of the Polynesian, behind the castle in fantasyland (the area between beasts castle and the 7 dwarves mine train is ideal), - lots of places that allow really neat views.

If you want the head on view from Main Street with the castle centered, it depends on how crowded the park is. I usually start looking for a spot about 20 minutes before. I just walk up and down main steeet (cm’s keep a center path clear for crowd control) and slip in to an open space among the crowds. If you have a large group (more than 2 or 3) that plan may not work so well.

Worldlover71

I like watching from the center of the hub near the Partners statue or a little behind. It is close enough to see the castle projections well, but far enough back to see all the fireworks. Once you get to Main Street proper, it's a bit harder to see the projections well.

I have never waited more than an hour for the fireworks. I usually get there about 30-40 minutes before they start.

Some of Fantasyland is open during the fireworks (before Dumbo was moved, we once watched the fireworks while riding, which was awesome!) The parts that close usually reopen within half an hour or so. The cast members are conducting safety checks to be sure no sparks have ignited the roofs, so it may take longer.

IanDLBZF

I've watched HEA and Wishes from California Grill. Spectacular view without ANY crowds. But a PITA to get an ADR for though.

Eamethyst

I've been searching the mouse webs for info regarding how to best view the fireworks and have been seeing a lot of conflicting info! Where do you like to watch them? How long before the show do you get there? When does access to Cinderella Castle close down before the show? How long after the fireworks does fantasyland reopen? Help meeee. o_O
I always get on Splash mountain to see the fireworks. You can see the fireworks and the castle. The line to Splash Mountain is very small during the fireworks. Allot of people will stand infant of the castle to watch. Usually the fireworks is the last show when the park closes. I think it's a half hour before the show the castle closes. All the lands are open during the fireworks. You just have to go a different way into Fantasyland. Once the show is over then the park is closed.

flynnibus

Premium Member
First set what your requirements are...

Are you all adults? Are you tall, small people? How big is your group?

For most average crowd days... if you want to 'pick' your spot from one of the desirable ones... expect to have to be there about an hour before showtime. These spots often are those along the walls of the garden areas in the hub. People pick a spot so they can get a clear view of the castle and have no one in front of them. They also provide a spot to sit or lean against while waiting.

As the crowds start to build, everyone will be sitting on the ground in the outlined areas in the hub. The castle show now is so projection heavy - you really want to see what is on the castle. I think the back half of the hub to the start of mainstreet are good areas. Basically back half of hub, along a wall with an unobstructed view of the castle is best IMO. All the areas will fill in leading up to the show.

But there is a trick if you are a small group and willing to wing it. Prior to the show... maybe 20mins or so (check better resources when this really happens)... CMs will go around and have everyone stand up and fill in the open spaces. When this happens, tons of available space opens up in what were areas that people had filled in 45mins earlier. So if you time it right, you can stroll right in and get a spot in the primo areas with almost no waiting! Just be walking on the paths when CMs start pushing everyone forward.. and you slip right into the open space. If you have good sized people, and are flexible... this works the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom