News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Not having enough restaurants and shops open for the attendance that's there already? It's one of the things holding me back from going. Parking lot trams are also an issue.

Shows, fireworks and characters I'm not as clear on. But it seems like they could get more going than they have already. I do know that every day they delay on this stuff they're saving overhead while the crowds keep pouring in.

DLR isn't even a point of comparison in this. Of course they're going to ramp up faster. They have to. They were closed 10 months longer than WDW. But we really don't even know how that will go. It could be a while before there's ample food venues, shows, fireworks, etc.
Restaurants are coming back online. Many ave bene used as CM break areas to handle the physical distancing. As this is being phased out more restaurants are able to return to operations.

Jrb1979

Sure, but crowd levels suggest they can get away with it. They won’t add more in-park capacity until they feel they can raise total capacity. For awhile, they avoided that to help get DL open. That’s no longer a worry. But there are still layers of bureaucracy to get through for each update. At Universal, they just say, “add more tape so people are spaced 3 feet.” It‘s more complicated (needlessly?) at WDW.
There used to be a time when guest satisfaction was their number 1 concern. That has slowly gone away. Your first line is all that needs to be said. They aren't adding more things cause people are fine with paying full y for a lesser product.

jrhwdw

Fireworks are not being slow walked. Far from it.

There’s a few factors at play, covid safety being the main one.
You're prob right, I mean, who am I???? I'm no insider! Why clash with insiders if you ain't one!

I will say it fells Like Pyro is slow walking to me (actually a couple things in my life are slow walking to recovery so maybe it's just me) It would so nice if there was good news on that call tomorrow!!!

jrhwdw

The lack of crazy advance planning is a huge component. That lesson will inform post-pandemic decisions. The MDE planning and crazy crowds were tanking guest satisfaction.
Have not been to WDW with MDE yet, So no opinion yet.........

However,, hasn't WDW dealt with Crazy crowds off and on for 48 years before COVID? Why would that tank Guests' Satisfaction now or right before COVID?

AmesTARDIS

That sounds more like a byproduct of being in a pandemic with not much else to do. People's standards have changed since 2019. And will change again quickly. Maybe already have.
By most accounts people visiting WDW in 20-21 have very much enjoyed their visit. For many it was very low key. Spring Break seemed to be a little bit of a bumpy point, but aside from that, it looked good. I am heading down at the end of June. I realize that the masses will likely head down at about the same time. My plan is to take advantage of early morning, late evenings, and mobile ordering. Once schools are all out for the summer, things are going to get very interesting. I am not sure that the recipe of guests, total capacity, and available dining will make for a good customer satisfaction survey at least not in early summer. I hope that I am wrong.

drizgirl

By most accounts people visiting WDW in 20-21 have very much enjoyed their visit. For many it was very low key. Spring Break seemed to be a little bit of a bumpy point, but aside from that, it looked good. I am heading down at the end of June. I realize that the masses will likely head down at about the same time. My plan is to take advantage of early morning, late evenings, and mobile ordering. Once schools are all out for the summer, things are going to get very interesting. I am not sure that the recipe of guests, total capacity, and available dining will make for a good customer satisfaction survey at least not in early summer. I hope that I am wrong.
A close friend has been there for 10 days, returning home today. Says it was her worst trip ever. She's leaving very disappointed. And her expectations were very much lowered from the get go. She had a very realistic idea of what to expect.

ToTBellHop

Have not been to WDW with MDE yet, So no opinion yet.........

However,, hasn't WDW dealt with Crazy crowds off and on for 48 years before COVID? Why would that tank Guests' Satisfaction now or right before COVID?
It was very different in 2019 than 2009 or 1999. 60-minute wait for Figment due to FP+?

Can‘t get into Sci-Fi less than 182 days out?

It was getting to be unpleasant.

drizgirl

It was very different in 2019 than 2009 or 1999. 60-minute wait for Figment due to FP+?

Can‘t get into Sci-Fi less than 182 days out?

It was getting to be unpleasant.
Except waits right now aren't really that short either. And most can't get into Sci-Fi at 60 days either.

My friend there this past week said waits were much longer than expected. She wasn't a fan of FP+ and she's not a fan of this either.

AmesTARDIS

A close friend has been there for 10 days, returning home today. Says it was her worst trip ever. She's leaving very disappointed. And her expectations were very much lowered from the get go. She had a very realistic idea of what to expect.
Well, now that is discouraging.

ToTBellHop

Except waits right now aren't really that short either. And most can't get into Sci-Fi at 60 days either.

My friend there this past week said waits were much longer than expected. She wasn't a fan of FP+ and she's not a fan of this either.
I got Sci-Fi for early July...

Waits don’t look awful to me. Similar to what they were before Fastpass.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
WDW can legally, by FL law, flood the parks with as many guests as they can cram in there and make tons more money. But they don't because they're voluntarily following COVID protocols. They're losing money by doing that. And yet, some geniuses claim this is a sign of cost cutting.

Fix your logic circuits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom