Magic Kingdom entry posters?

afar28

Original Poster
The ones in the stores? Last time I went was February 2012... I think they were around $30 - $35 with the shipping, but I get the smallest size without framing. I'll dig around and see if I have any pictures on this computer that show the size of them for you.
Ok thanks :)

lilclerk

Ok thanks :)

I don't have any good photos on here, so I just snapped a couple with my tablet which has the worst camera ever, but you get the idea.

img20130326105457.jpg

img201303261056551.jpg

I can't get that second one to be smaller on here... sorry!

Calvin Coolidge

dreamfinder

They have sold them in different fashions in the past. Your best bet now would be the Art of Disney stores. If they still have the art on demand, check those out, otherwise I seem to recall seeing some of them reproduced in the smaller 8x10 size on the spinny racks. I know that people like Phil Sears have listed them for sale in the past. (Both originals and modern reproductions). It is possible to find them if you look around.

afar28

Original Poster
I don't have any good photos on here, so I just snapped a couple with my tablet which has the worst camera ever, but you get the idea.

img20130326105457.jpg

img201303261056551.jpg

I can't get that second one to be smaller on here... sorry!
Love them, thanks! Ill be sure to check out the Art of Disney store on my next trip :)

mharrington

They are also two incredibly different versions also.

However, they did make a second Disneyland poster in the style of the WDW one, like so:
poster-dl-att01.JPG

However, this poster is not currently at Disneyland (they still use the older poster instead, with the lone pirate captain with a parrot on his shoulder and standing next to a treasure chest). Apparently, according to an old blog on Disney attraction posters (http://attractionposter.blogspot.com/):

WED was able to justify the cost of the new Pirates poster as Walt Disney World had no poster for their attraction, and Tokyo Disneyland would also be able to use the same artwork. [...] [T]he new Pirates poster was well received at Walt Disney World and Tokyo Disneyland, however the director of Disneyland's decorating department said "It looked like a cereal box" and few were every displayed at Disneyland and the original 1967 poster for Pirates stayed on display for years.

And so Disneyland still has the older Pirates poster in the tunnel.

Also, for all y'all interested in Disney poster art, can I recommend this awesome coffee table book, "Poster Art of the Disney Parks"?

I have that book! I got it for Christmas.

Californian Elitist

However, they did make a second Disneyland poster in the style of the WDW one, like so:
poster-dl-att01.JPG

However, this poster is not currently at Disneyland (they still use the older poster instead, with the lone pirate captain with a parrot on his shoulder and standing next to a treasure chest). Apparently, according to an old blog on Disney attraction posters (http://attractionposter.blogspot.com/):

WED was able to justify the cost of the new Pirates poster as Walt Disney World had no poster for their attraction, and Tokyo Disneyland would also be able to use the same artwork. [...] [T]he new Pirates poster was well received at Walt Disney World and Tokyo Disneyland, however the director of Disneyland's decorating department said "It looked like a cereal box" and few were every displayed at Disneyland and the original 1967 poster for Pirates stayed on display for years.

And so Disneyland still has the older Pirates poster in the tunnel.

I have that book! I got it for Christmas.

The older look fits Disneyland more, as it's more classic. If they ever switched the older one with that newer one, people would get upset.

poster-dl-att05.JPG

lilclerk

Calvin Coolidge

Yeah that one is my favorite so far. The CoP one is a close second.

I have that book, too! It's fabulous.
Both of those concept pieces have been my cover photo on Facebook!

I love the MK silkscreen posters. Some of the ones for other parks are great, too, especially the ones from DCA. There's some great ones that riff on the old WPA National Parks posters, and some great Route 66 style posters for Cars Land.

KatMaria

The last time I went into the Art of Disney store at DTD, they had a ton of those kind of posters. Don't know if they still have them but I bet they can check at any Art of Disney store where the posters you are looking for would be at and if they have them in stock, never hurts to ask!

afar28

Original Poster
The last time I went into the Art of Disney store at DTD, they had a ton of those kind of posters. Don't know if they still have them but I bet they can check at any Art of Disney store where the posters you are looking for would be at and if they have them in stock, never hurts to ask!
Thanks, ill be sure to check :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom