Magic Kingdom Early Starts

BRER DAVE

Hi Folks,
We are visiting WDW in April and are at the planning stage. I suspect that everyday at Magic Kingdom during the Easter fortnight will be busy, but am I correct in thinking that because of the early starts for resort guests, Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays are best avoided ?
Any guidance would be appreciated.

Invero

One thing they've done in the past for the MK (and sometimes the other resorts) is during extreme peak times like Easter, they will open the park 1 hour earlier for all guests. That means the MK might open at 8am... and Early Entry would be 7am. But of course all this is subject to change with or without notice.

Best bet... go to the MK for Early Entry... take advantage of it... then park hop...

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Just to let you know, Extra Magic Hour is no longer on Mon, Thurs, and Sat at the Magic Kingdom now. Extra Magic Hours are as follows:
Sunday - Magic Kingdom
Monday - Disney's Animal Kingdom
Tuesday - Disney-MGM Studios
Wednesday - Epcot
Thursday--Magic Kingdom
Friday - Disney's Animal Kingdom
Saturday - Disney-MGM Studios

Avoid the given parks the afternoon of their Extra Magic Hours...but do take advantage of Extra Magic Hour.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

DEFINITELY avoid the MK on Saturdays it is an absolute ZOO!!!!! Although make sure you catch at least one showing of Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks. Belle

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
DEFINITELY avoid the MK on Saturdays it is an absolute ZOO!!!!! Although make sure you catch at least one showing of Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks. Belle

Agreed...but Fantasy and Spectro play nightly the week before and after Easter, so I'd aim for the middle of the week(well, actually I'm a firework freak, so I see at least one firework show a night, if not more...)

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Avoiding parks on Early Entry Days ?

Welcome to another fellow Brit :sohappy:

A little reverse psychology here - if everyone thinks that on an Early Entry Day MK (for example) will be busier and go elsewhere; does that not mean that MK will be empty and the OTHER three parks (and the water parks) will be packed :hammer:

PS - What dates are you there ? - we're going April 9 - 23rd.

Upvote 0

civileng68

Account Suspended
it's true

it's true about the local going for long weekends and to avoid Saturdays for that reason.

In fact. we're getting an annual pass and plan on going 1 to 2 FRiday SAturday and Sundays per month.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom