Magic Kingdom Club

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
During a trip to a flea market I got quite a few things that were WDW Related merchandise and one I got was "A Pictorial Guide to Walt Disney World" on the last page it talks about a club known as The Magic Kingdom Club. Now we definatley knows times has changed as so on but I was curious does this Club thing exsist? Or is it Something else?

mousefan1972

I remember years ago when I first started working for my company, one of the perks was membership in the MK club. If memory serves, we got discounts on hotel rooms, meals, etc. I know there was a card with it b/c I remember having to show it upon check in to get the discount. I know the club was terminated by Disney, but I'm not sure when. I would guess around 5 years ago? I'm sure others here will know more.

Captain Hank

The Magic Kingdom Club was available for buisnesses and individuals and served as a discount card for resort hotels, some dining, some recreation and, I believe, tickets. My parents were members. It changed into "The Disney Club" around 1999/2000, and became a bit more individual-based rather than corporate-based and branched out into Home Entertainment. It was disbanded around 2002/2003.

Tim G

During a trip to a flea market I got quite a few things that were WDW Related merchandise and one I got was "A Pictorial Guide to Walt Disney World" on the last page it talks about a club known as The Magic Kingdom Club. Now we definatley knows times has changed as so on but I was curious does this Club thing exsist? Or is it Something else?
It used to, yes.. it had some reasonable good perks too.

Later it was renamed and "remodelled" to "The Disney club"... which had a nice magazine as well... and of course less perks.

But as usual the Disney Club program was discontinued.

After that Disney made a "great" program with The Disney/Visa Credit Card from Bank One...

Cubs Brian

I belive that they discontinued the MKC about 4 or 5 yrs ago,it used to a card that had small discounts on merchandise,food and accomodations. We got ours through a company benifits program. the best discount we received was for a room rate of $99.00 per night at Wilderness Lodge back in Sept of 02. hope this helps.

DME

I was a member of that club. If your company sponsored it you got a white card that gave you discounts at the Disney Store and at the Disney Parks. But you could also be a paying member. I recall being a gold Magic Kingdom Club member. I had a gold card. I think they cancelled the whole thing when the Disney Visa Card came on board. They got rid of American Express as the official card of Disney once Visa came along too. The card gave a 10% discount at the Disney Store so I basically knew that I wasn't going to pay sales tax. Plus savings of a few dollars on top of it.

I still have all my membership cards and brochures.

darthjohnny

I remember the Magic Kingdom Club. It was pretty good.

Then they changed to the Disney Club, which you had to pay for.

It didn't last for too long.

Rob562

Was anyone else on here a member of the WDW "Inside Circle"?

The program didn't last that long, only a few years. It was a free, invite-only program that I'm not even sure how I ended up part of it, other than I was randomly selected from recent Guests. This was around 1998 or 1999. It came with a quarterly newsletter called "The Insider" that had lots of cool photos of new/upcoming attractions, etc.

You could also send in for a "Magic Delivery" packet for your next trip that included a passport that if you got it stamped at all of the parks, you'd get a collectable pin. And it had a few certificates for various things. I recently came across a couple of unused ones (expired in 2000, unfortunately). one was a discount off a treatment at the Grand Floridian Spa, the other a discount off of a dinner show.
The one certificate I did use gave the option of either the Keys to the Kingdom tour for free, or to be guaranteed to be chosen as an extra in the Indiana Jones stunt show. (I chose the KTTK Tour, of course)

I also seem to recall a certificate on another trip that gave access to a VIP Viewing area for Illuminations. (It was in Italy, just to the Germany side of the island)

-Rob

TheBeatles

Whoa!

Just last night I was reading some 1980s MKC magazines.

My family used to be in the club, we got lots of goodies.

pacochran

Yeah in 2002 when we first went down my sister-in-law was a member and gave us her card to use, and we got discounts at the World of Disney store. When we went to go the next year we wanted to sign up for it and they had discontinued it. But they did come out with the Disney Visa card, which we have.

Pioneer Hall

I remember my parents had the MK Club when it was around. It was free at the time too...imagine a club that Disney could use to advertise saving you a few dollars and costing you nothing to be in. Then they started charging you like $20 per year to be in it and called it the Disney club. Then they just decided to get rid of everything and make it harder to save money.

JimboJones123

Why dig up such horrible memories. I tried to block out the end of the MKC and DC clubs. May be one of the top 5 worst days of my life. I'm getting weepy right now thinking about it.....

Disney Visa can lick my HAIRY, STINKY, STEAMY ARMPIT... and by armpit, I really am implying my .... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I can tell you that many a time a trip to the Disney Store used to pay for the card each time. But that's also when a trip to the Disney Store really offered something special as well. Dropping $200 was much more fulfilling.

We also got FANTASTIC rates. $65 at Mods, $49 at Value, the before mentioned $99 at Deluxe.

10-15% of meals I believe, or was it 20?

But just think, for every $50k you spend on that Disney Visa, you can get a few free Churros!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Did I mention that Disney Visa SUCKS????

Oh, and Blackouts for the MKC were MUCH harder to stumble on.

So, thanks again for ruining my day....

bgraham34

I remember my dad was part of it and it allowed us to stay for 10 days at a time. Those were the days. Now I can't do more than 4-5 days.

jakeman

Why dig up such horrible memories. I tried to block out the end of the MKC and DC clubs. May be one of the top 5 worst days of my life. I'm getting weepy right now thinking about it.....

Disney Visa can lick my HAIRY, STINKY, STEAMY ARMPIT... and by armpit, I really am implying my .... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I can tell you that many a time a trip to the Disney Store used to pay for the card each time. But that's also when a trip to the Disney Store really offered something special as well. Dropping $200 was much more fulfilling.

We also got FANTASTIC rates. $65 at Mods, $49 at Value, the before mentioned $99 at Deluxe.

10-15% of meals I believe, or was it 20?

But just think, for every $50k you spend on that Disney Visa, you can get a few free Churros!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Did I mention that Disney Visa SUCKS????

Oh, and Blackouts for the MKC were MUCH harder to stumble on.

So, thanks again for ruining my day....
Nice...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom