Magic Kingdom Closure...

PhotoDave219

Jose Eber said:
Is this a capacity closing/reopening?

No, no it wasn't. There was a power failue that affected all four parks.

Also, i went through the turnstyles around 11:30am.... So lord knows where youre getting your information from.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Main Street Jim said:
The steam trains, unless we lose our block light system. Yesterday, it was only out for about a minute or so, so we kept on tr__________'...LOL

Is truc kin' a bad word? :lol:

Rotel1026

How does Soarin' work during an E-stop? Does it automatically come back down or are people stuck in the air until electricity returns?

DizWhizKid

Rotel1026 said:
How does Soarin' work during an E-stop? Does it automatically come back down or are people stuck in the air until electricity returns?

Most simulators (Body Wars, Star Tours, Mission: Space, and I'm assuming Soarin') are set to settle if they hit any stop. If there was an electricity outage, there should be some auxillary power that would be able to at least settle the probe/sim/theater/etc. The only way it would get stuck is if there was a power disconnect activated by a cast member, or a trip in the line.

disneydata

Actually with Body Wars and Star Tours, there are two ways to immediately stop motion. One is an e-stop which will stop the car in it's current position. The second is an evacuation stop which will stop the car in the load/unload position. If the e-stop is pressed, maintenance must go in and manually cycle the vehicle until it reaches the load/unload position.

As for Soarin and Mission: Space, I have no idea how their stop system works.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Not quite - evac stop goes to "home" or "settle" and the doors open, belts unlocks, and walkways lower. Audio comes on directing guests to leave.

E-stop the vehicle merely settles, the belts stay locked, and the walkways stay up (doors closed of course). Audio comes on instructing guests to wait for a host/hostess.

Flight Stop makes the vehicle settle, doors/belts stay locked (have to be manually overridden by operator), the walkways come down, and audio instructs guests to wait for a host/hostess.

Power Disconnect is a big silver button that immediately cuts power to the vehicle, haulting the motion. Only to be used in extreme emergencies when the vehicles has stopped responding to other commands.

brertigger

mousermerf said:
Not quite - evac stop goes to "home" or "settle" and the doors open, belts unlocks, and walkways lower. Audio comes on directing guests to leave.

E-stop the vehicle merely settles, the belts stay locked, and the walkways stay up (doors closed of course). Audio comes on instructing guests to wait for a host/hostess.

Flight Stop makes the vehicle settle, doors/belts stay locked (have to be manually overridden by operator), the walkways come down, and audio instructs guests to wait for a host/hostess.

Power Disconnect is a big silver button that immediately cuts power to the vehicle, haulting the motion. Only to be used in extreme emergencies when the vehicles has stopped responding to other commands.
The other day I was stuck on HM for awhile. The lights came on at one point. If they needed to evac (which it turned out they almost did, but they didn't), is there a release button on each doombuggy to open the lapbar? Can they open all the lapbars at once from the controlboard, if needed?

badrew

I was evac'd from HM this past September due to a power problem. The staff has to come to each doom buggy and manually press a foot petal that releases the bar, We walked from the spider web back to the load area and out through the staff doors.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
disneydata said:
As for Soarin and Mission: Space, I have no idea how their stop system works.

I don't know about Soarin', but Space has three ways to stop.

Ride Stop: The centrifuge comes to a nice and slow controlled stop. The capsules will return to a level orientation but may or may not return to their home positions in the flight bay, depending on what caused the stop. The floors should then come back up.

E-Stop: The centrifuge stops ASAP and the capsules freeze in their current orientation. The floors will stay down.

Power Disconnect: What happens here? Pretty much what you'd expect a huge spinning centrifuge to do when the power to it is suddenly cut off...

brisem

Main Street Jim said:
It was not attendance-related; power outages shut down most attractions. My (steam) train was stuck on the backside of the park with a train full of guests when we got stopped due to the block lights being out and a train still sitting at the ToonTown station. We were listening to the Nextel radio and we heard "Tomorrowland is 101", "Adventureland is 101", and not just individual attractions.

What does '101' stand for? thanks

We left MK around 10:40 for a 10:50 seating at Chef Mickey's. The rain was pouring down, but folks were still entering the parks. (And the park really wasn't crowded yet!! Rides in Fantasyland still had only a 10 minute-or-so wait.) We got held up for a few minutes on the monorail but had no idea there was a power problem until we went to check-in. It was then that we were told of the problem, and we noticed that both the escalators and elevators were not running. All other lights appeared to be on. After brunch (around noon), there was such a huge line for the monorail that we decided to walk to the MK. Again, people were entering with no problem; but we decided to stick to our original plan to go to Epcot for the afternoon. Next to no one was leaving the MK, so we walked right on the next monorail to the TTC then immediately caught another monorail to Epcot. At Epcot, the wait to get in was no more than on previous days...but the walkways around the World Showcase were quite crowded! Still, we didn't see the really huge crowds we expected. We were able to do all that we wanted.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
OmegaKnight said:
]
It's Disney lingo for when an attraction is down. 102 means that it is back up and operating.

I think they want to know where the terms originated from, I've often wondered that myself. Why those numbers and not something entirely different like code red - code green.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
unkadug said:
I think they want to know where the terms originated from, I've often wondered that myself. Why those numbers and not something entirely different like code red - code green.

Well, general radio chatter at WDW uses 10-codes, like "10-4" for "I understand/Yes."

So, I think the 1-oh-X codes came into being to avoid confusion on attractions. 107, 108, etc. (Opening, Closing, 104 - add/remove vehicles)

Signal XX is used to convey info too.

I think it evolved overtime depending on the needs. It's simple so everyone understands it who works with it.

DizWhizKid

mousermerf said:
Well, general radio chatter at WDW uses 10-codes, like "10-4" for "I understand/Yes."

So, I think the 1-oh-X codes came into being to avoid confusion on attractions. 107, 108, etc. (Opening, Closing, 104 - add/remove vehicles)

Signal XX is used to convey info too.

I think it evolved overtime depending on the needs. It's simple so everyone understands it who works with it.

actually, add/remove vehicles is a 200 code, at least at my attraction :goodnevil .

brertigger

MrNonacho said:
I don't know about Soarin', but Space has three ways to stop.

Ride Stop: The centrifuge comes to a nice and slow controlled stop. The capsules will return to a level orientation but may or may not return to their home positions in the flight bay, depending on what caused the stop. The floors should then come back up.

E-Stop: The centrifuge stops ASAP and the capsules freeze in their current orientation. The floors will stay down.

Power Disconnect: What happens here? Pretty much what you'd expect a huge spinning centrifuge to do when the power to it is suddenly cut off...
If a ride is E-Stopped, are there any alarms/buzzers that go off, or does the ride just stop?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom