Magic Kingdom Closure...

Jose Eber

That's expected then. Hooray for Disney's attendance figures.

I thought it might have been something more dramatic (bomb scare, fire, health hazard).

J.

DizWhizKid

Actually, there was a park-wide power outage for about 10 minutes today at MK (and a little at Epcot). That caused all (I believe) of the rides at the MK to go down for a while.

brertigger

DizWhizKid said:
Actually, there was a park-wide power outage for about 10 minutes today at MK (and a little at Epcot). That caused all (I believe) of the rides at the MK to go down for a while.
What a mess. I am sure that is the last thing they want to happen when they are at capacity.

MagliteL13

DizWhizKid said:

We at the World Famous Jungle Cruise were still running.

Main Street Jim

It was not attendance-related; power outages shut down most attractions. My (steam) train was stuck on the backside of the park with a train full of guests when we got stopped due to the block lights being out and a train still sitting at the ToonTown station. We were listening to the Nextel radio and we heard "Tomorrowland is 101", "Adventureland is 101", and not just individual attractions.

DizWhizKid

MagliteL13 said:
We at the World Famous Jungle Cruise were still running.

Some other CMs and I were wondering if Jungle Cruise could still run without electricity, since it is a motor-powered vehcile. But wouldn't the animatronics not be running?

MagliteL13

DizWhizKid said:
Some other CMs and I were wondering if Jungle Cruise could still run without electricity, since it is a motor-powered vehcile. But wouldn't the animatronics not be running?

Believe it or not, there's really only four show scenes where you really notice animation anyways. I'd assume the animation wasn't working, but that's never stopped us before...... ;) Yesterday, our dancing natives were playing a game of freeze tag till park close.

DizWhizKid

MagliteL13 said:
Believe it or not, there's really only four show scenes where you really notice animation anyways. I'd assume the animation wasn't working, but that's never stopped us before...... ;) Yesterday, our dancing natives were playing a game of freeze tag till park close.

Yeah, I noticed the same problem last Tuesday (12/20) around 11 am. It really stuck out to me, but then again, I've been on the ride probably twenty times this year, so I'm not the standard audience. No one else in the boat seemed to notice it, and the CM did a good job playing along with it. :hammer:

Of course, it seems really weird to me, seeing that at Spaceship Earth, if we lose one animatronic, we're supposed to go 101. Of course, Maintenance never likes when we do that... :brick: I guess it makes sense though, since that's the main part of the ride.

Were there any other rides that could operate without electricity? We were thinking maybe Speedway.

Yen_Sid1

DizWhizKid said:
Yeah, I noticed the same problem last Tuesday (12/20) around 11 am. It really stuck out to me, but then again, I've been on the ride probably twenty times this year, so I'm not the standard audience. No one else in the boat seemed to notice it, and the CM did a good job playing along with it. :hammer:

Of course, it seems really weird to me, seeing that at Spaceship Earth, if we lose one animatronic, we're supposed to go 101. Of course, Maintenance never likes when we do that... :brick: I guess it makes sense though, since that's the main part of the ride.

Were there any other rides that could operate without electricity? We were thinking maybe Speedway.

The safari at AK.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Energy can brown-out, since it has it's own power supply, and the track itself at TT can/has kept going through a blackout.

CatLady

Yen_Sid1 said:
The safari at AK.

Don't drivers have to get green lights to go into the next area on AK, similarly to the way that the trains have to get clearance lights? Also, don't they have the automatic load gates at safari (it has been a while since I rode)? I thought the automatic doors were electric.

DizWhizKid

mousermerf said:
Energy can brown-out, since it has it's own power supply, and the track itself at TT can/has kept going through a blackout.

The TT thing seems very unsafe. Aren't all the E-stops powered by electricity?

Yen_Sid1

CatLady said:
Don't drivers have to get green lights to go into the next area on AK, similarly to the way that the trains have to get clearance lights? Also, don't they have the automatic load gates at safari (it has been a while since I rode)? I thought the automatic doors were electric.

No. They are pneumatic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom