Magic Kingdom Challenge

Disney Maniac

Original Poster
Here are four questions about the Magic Kingdom. Can you answer all four correctly?? Good Luck!

1.) How many parades have been here held since 1971?

2.) What are the names of the four steam engines that are part of the Walt Disney World Railroad?

3.) What are the heights of the three Mountains( Splash, Space, Big Thunder)?

4.) What ride was originally housed in the show building currently housing Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin?"

BONUS:
This doesn't relate to the Magic Kingdom, but it's a nice trivia:

What was the original name of the Contemporary Resort?

Tramp

well..so far I have 2 of them....

the 4 trains are:
Walter E. Disney
Roy O. Disney
Lilly belle
Roger Broggie (forgot the middle initial)

Buzz Lightyear use to house "Dream Flight" or "if You had wings"

Disney Maniac

Original Poster
Good job so far, Tramp. By the way, the full name for the last one is Roger E. Broggie and it was DreamFlight, I do believe.

sillyspook13

parades

I'm trying to figure out the parades....

~Spectromagic
~Main Street Electrical Parade
(night parades)

~Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade
~Easter Parade
(seasonal)

~Surprise Celebration
~15th Anniversary
~Mickey Mania
~Remember the Magic
~Magical Moments
(afternoon parades)

That's what I have so far. 9 total. I may be missing a couple though.:D

Disney Maniac

Original Poster
Sillyspook13:

Let me just clarify something for you. When I said number of parades, I meant the total number of parades performed since 1971, not the number of different parades. As a hint, the number is over 50,000...but I won't say by how much.:)

WDW-Imagineer

Walter E. Disney
Roy O. Disney
Roger E. Broggie
Lilly Belle

If You Had Wings -> If You Could Fly -> Dreamflight -> Take Flight -> Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - 197 feet

Splash Mountain - 87 feet, drop is 52 feet

Space Mountain - 183 feet

Original name of the Contemporary.... gee you got me stumped.

Trivia - Other proposed resorts for Seven Seas Lagoon: Asian Hotel, Venetian Resort,

Disney Maniac

Original Poster
Jeez WDW-Imagineer, you're tearing it up! Good job on getting three of the four. Here are the answers:

1.) How many parades have been here held since 1971?
Answer: Nearly 180 000.

2.) What are the names of the four steam engines that are part of the Walt Disney World Railroad?
Answer: Lilly Belle, Roy O. Disney, Walter E. Disney, and Roger E. Broggie. As a note, the Lilly Belle was named for Walt's wife, Lillian, and the Roger E. Broggie after a Disney Imagineer who had similar love for trains as did Walt. The other two I would hope you can figure out who they're named for :) .

3.) What are the heights of the three Mountains (Splash, Space, Big Thunder)?
Answer: Big Thunder, 197 ft. Space, 183 ft. Splash, 87 ft.

4.) What ride was originally housed in the show building currently housing Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin?"
Answer: If You Had Wings. (You're right on this one, WDW-I. I had to double-check my sources on this one :) )

B.) What was the original name of the Contemporary Resort?
Answer: Tempo Bay Resort Hotel.

I think that your parade number is off by oh I don't know----just a lot! Impossible for 180,000 parades at MK---or even the whole of WDW for that matter! :rolleyes:

Disney Maniac

Original Poster
Ooops...

Thedisneyfan, you're right, that number is just a little high...it's off by about, oh...162000! I guess I got a little zero-happy:)

The actual number (really, an estimate I got from Disney) is closer to 18 000. Still, that's a lot of parades for one park!

Phew! I knew Disney created a lot of magic but the number just seemed to be a bit of a stretch! Although I would agree that 18,000 is a lot of parades for just one park. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom