Magic Kingdom Ceremony today 5/5/05

CTXRover

^^My advice to you and everyone is, don't buy into all the fan created rumors next time a press event comes around. It seems to happen every time and then people are disappointed. Everyone really just has to read through the rumors and wishes of all us Disney fans and look for the facts. Better yet, just remember everything's a rumor and has a good possibility of not happening. I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I remember saying don't get your hopes up for something big a while ago.

There really was no solid indication that anything would be announced, nor was there any indication that something big needed to be announced during this week. WDW is just wrapping up adding and opening a bunch of new attractions and kicking off a huge celebration. Despite the fact that we on these forums all know about that, the majority of the country and future visitors don't know that. That's what this week was for. You don't get people to come down this year by showing them what they can do if they wait another year or two. That will come as all the hoopla surrouding the HCOE and the new attractions begins to die down.

Its smart business to space things out. I imagine sometime next year we may be hearing about the next big thing, but it might be even longer while they milk all the can out of all the new stuff they've added and opened within the past two years. If I had to garner a guess, I imagine most families are lucky if they visit WDW every 5 years or so. For someone whose last visit to WDW was in mid 1998, they have to check out Test Track, Rockn'Roller Coaster, MS, Philharmagic, Wishes, Soarin', LMA, SGE, Cinderellabration, Crush n' Gusher, Fantasmic, Asia and Dinorama at AK. That's a lot of new stuff and I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. Even those whose last trip was two years ago has a lot of new stuff to attract them down.

stitchlvr

You're right...I don't know why I thought Buzz wasn't opened yet in 2000. Maybe we didn't ride it the first time, I don't know why I don't remember it. :hammer:

crazydaveh

You know, I was let down with the big announcement... It's neat, but it's not a new attraction.

We all know things are being planned for the future, and Disney will announce them at the time they feel is right. But from a marketing standpoint, they were hyping HCOE and we all knew what was taking place...

So why hold off an annoucement for a few months... why? It gives the media another reason to go to the park, and in return, more publicity for the parks later... Spread out the free publicity instead of slamming it in three days!

I think that we all should be happy they didn't announce another price hike!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom