Magic Kingdom Bricks

BJMidget

back in 2000 we picked up a form to get one but when we got back home we couldn't find it :cry:. then when we went back in 2001 the booth was closed. I hope that they will start doing it again.

BJMidget

back in 2000 we picked up a form to get one but when we got home we couldn't find it :cry:. then when we went back in 2001 the booth was closed and a CM told us they stopped doing it. I hope that they will start doing it again.

Scooter

schro513 said:
My wife got me one as a wedding present back in 2000. We were located on the far right of the TTC close to the gift shop in that area. Does anyone know exactly where the automated ticket kiosks went in, I'd hate it if our brick was gone now!!!

Ours is located near the TTC also so were were worried when we saw they were installing automated ticket booths there when we went back last May.

Quite a few bricks were torn out to make room for these machines but our brick was still there.

We missed getting the axe by 3 bricks :lookaroun :sohappy:

ALSO: I was told by a Castmember that worked in the Kiosk that sold the Walk Around the World bricks in 2000 that they were going to stop selling them...and I quote "Temporarily"

So...those who wish to buy the bricks..keep your fingers crossed.
I believe the bricks will be available again someday. :)

DisneyLeo18

Cant believe im bringing up this nearly two year old thread lol but im heading there soon and curious about the situation of the walk around the world bricks in WDW. avaliable? no? temporarly?? if anyone has any info please let me know

thanks

Scooter

Cant believe im bringing up this nearly two year old thread lol but im heading there soon and curious about the situation of the walk around the world bricks in WDW. avaliable? no? temporarly?? if anyone has any info please let me know

thanks

Here's the Scoop I got from the castmember who sold me my Walk Around the World brick when I went back to buy a 2nd one. She told me that they were temporarily going to stop selling the WATW bricks because they needed to fill up the Leave a Legacy Tile walls. She also told me that they would RESUME selling the Walk around the World Bricks after the LAL walls were all filled. Well it looks like the walls are not going to be filled because they have stopped selling them I believe. I don't know know if they will start selling Walk around the World Bricks again now or not. I do know that they ARE available for custom ordering but they are very expensive to buy. Like 3 or 4 hundred dollars..not sure on that though, the price I heard is just a rumor.

This is just old news I heard 6 years ago so take it all with a grain of salt and realize that Disney is famous for saying one thing and doing another and changing plans.
Hope this helps a little...it's all I know.

trentino

They have officially started to sell the bricks again from the kiosk in front of the Magic Kingdom. The price is now $295 though! We just bought one for my aunt's 25th anniversary. It will be placed right in front of the Magic Kingdom entrance pretty close to those special "granite" bricks I think. I think what is happening is that bricks over 10 years old are now being removed as they become damaged (prior to 10 years old they have always been replaced). New bricks are being sold to fill in the spaces opened up by damaged bricks that have been removed.

MnWildFan06

I personally think they should flood them threwout all 4 parks,everyone seems to want one so why not make a profit off of that,I mean how cool would it be saying I have a stone right infront of the partners statue or at the entrance to pirates of the caribbean or tower of terror,etc.That would be soooooo exciting and an amazing feeling.

Teenchy

They have officially started to sell the bricks again from the kiosk in front of the Magic Kingdom. The price is now $295 though! We just bought one for my aunt's 25th anniversary. It will be placed right in front of the Magic Kingdom entrance pretty close to those special "granite" bricks I think. I think what is happening is that bricks over 10 years old are now being removed as they become damaged (prior to 10 years old they have always been replaced). New bricks are being sold to fill in the spaces opened up by damaged bricks that have been removed.

Anyone know a number we can call to order one before they are "sold out" again. I wont be heading that way until Oct. and would not want to miss out again.
Love to get one for my anniversary!:sohappy:

OneLuckyMom

I think what is happening is that bricks over 10 years old are now being removed as they become damaged (prior to 10 years old they have always been replaced). New bricks are being sold to fill in the spaces opened up by damaged bricks that have been removed.

So when you buy a brick, does Disney commit to keeping it displayed for only 10 years (or less)? Or are they moving the damaged ones somewhere else that can still be considered "on display"?

mhead

I can tell you this - I put in a request for one in February of this year. I sent in a letter to Disney's Walk Around the World (will have to locate the address)I heard nothing for a few weeks then got a 295 charge on my card. Then about 3 weeks ago I got a certificate and a map showing my brick location. Then when I went down last week I went to the spot on the map and there it was! Right next to the granite bricks - surrounded by 1994 bricks - in all of its 2007 glory!

Unfortunately it is already outdated! I put my the names of myself, my wife, and my daughter on the brick - - - - then we find out we are having another child!

memobrien

I'm looking for info on this program. Is this something you can do over the phone? Also when you buy a brick how do you know where to find it. I recently lost my husband. He was a disney fanatic. We had seen the bricks in the past and he loved them. And always thought it would be great to have one. So I would love to do one in his honor. I'm going to take my daughter in Jan 2008. So if there was anyway I could do this in advance, I think it would be wonderful for her.

THANKS!!!

darthjohnny

Very interesting.

I got to find out more info.

Sure this makes it better for those who don't have a brick.

But if the whole "replacing the older damaged bricks" is true, that would stink if that was one of your bricks and they didn't even give you a chance to repurchase the stone again.

FloridaPhill

It is sad that they are just replacing old bricks :(

When you buy, are you guaranteed a certain amount of time?

Also, anymore news of how to get one?

Thanks

Imaginationeer

Lucky enough for me, i was among the first to get a brick and have my name in the grey section with the huge Magic Kingdom logo. My girlfriend wants to get one, and now i can not find information on it.

mhead, would you mind giving me the address you have to send a request to?

darthjohnny

It is sad that they are just replacing old bricks :(

When you buy, are you guaranteed a certain amount of time?

Also, anymore news of how to get one?

Thanks

Yeah, you are guaranteed at least 10 years. The most they can do is move it during that time.

But I don't know how you can contact them on how to get one. Anyone know?

Texas84

Just bragging. My 1994 brick is in front of MK near a monorail ramp. Guess I should check and make sure it is still there! :lookaroun

Jesùs_Carioca

My friend has a '94 Brick a little bit to the left of the Magic Kingdom Emblem smack at the entrance of the park. It's shared with her two parents (Who work there) and older sister.

All i got is a leave a legacy engraving with my brother that my mum received from her work as a "thank you for your years of loyalty" type of thing. And truth is...i am completely stumped at where it is, haha. I love ending the day at EPCOT searching a random patch of wall to see if maybe I'll find my brother and mine's faces.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom