Magic Kingdom board game

that_L_do_pig

Original Poster
I just picked this up at ToyRUs to get the family pumped up about our WDW trip next week. It is very simplistic and the 4 and 7 year old girls love it - at least when they WIN!

B0001GDOZG.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0001GDOZG.01.PT01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/toys/B0001GDOZG/qid%3D1102469104/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-7165245-9379131

Atta83

I cant tell if the castle in teh actual game is right, to darn small to see. But yeah on the box it also has a pirate ship thats in DL as well..

mrtoad

I was not sure if the boat was suppose to represent PoTC.

Here is what it says on the Amazon link. They have the wrong castle for sure.

From Toysrus.com & Amazon.com
From the Manufacturer
Bring the magic home! Visit the Magic Kingdom in your own living room! Maybe you will get to ride Space Mountain or sail along with Pirates of the Caribbean! Why not take a trip through Mickey's Country House or a tour of Sleeping Beauty Castle? With luck you may get an autograph from Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck on the way. Be careful of your opponents as they may be able to set you back or send you on a wild goose chase around the park. The first player to visit their attractions and make it back to the park entrance wins the game! For 2 to 5 players.

disneywy

It is the Disneyland castle, but the park layout of WDW. The pirate ship could just imply Pirates of the Carribbean (or even be the ship in the ride during the fight scene). My guess is that they put the Disneyland castle on it so they could sell it at both resorts and not have to make different versions of the game.

It is exciting to see this game thought! Does anyone else remember the old version of this game? I think it might have been specific to WDW. I have it at home, but can't remember the exact title. I bought it off eBay a couple years ago when it poped up.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
ditzeechick02 said:
From my understanding, Disney Land has Magic Kingdom too... so the castle may not be wrong after all! :)
I'm sorry, this is incorrect. The park in Disneyland Resort is called Disneyland Park. It has also been called just plain Disneyland in the past. It has never been named the "Magic Kingdom." Yes, people have called it "Walt Disney's magic kingdom: Disneyland." But you see, the words magic and kingdom were only used as adj. when talking about Disneyland. The actual Magic Kingdom Park only exists in Walt Disney World. :)

Also, The Happiest Place on Earth refers only to Disneyland Park, and the Most Magical Place on Earth only refers to the Magic Kingdom. A bit of trivia there for ya.

As far as this game, I'm betting it is being marketed this way so only one version needs to be made to sell around the entire country. :)

SpenceMan01

Not noticable in the pictures online, but I saw it @ Toys r Us: They don't have the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, they have it as Tarzan's Treehouse from DL. Just another inconsitency I noticed.

AllThatsJoey

I'm about 110% positive that Disneyland Park is refered to as the Magic Kingdom at least once in the Disneyland Railroad Speil. So I think it's fare to say that Disneyland Park is also known as the Magic Kingdom even though it's not it's official name.

WORD

MissM

I can't tell because honestly, I didn't look THAT closely, but is this the same one that they're selling in MK? Because I saw "the magic kingdom game" on sale in the emporium on Friday but it was like $40 so I put it right back on the shelf. lol
-m

SpenceMan01

AllThatsJoey said:
I'm about 110% positive that Disneyland Park is refered to as the Magic Kingdom at least once in the Disneyland Railroad Speil. So I think it's fare to say that Disneyland Park is also known as the Magic Kingdom even though it's not it's official name.

WORD
I have some old audio of DL announcements. In them it's refered to as the "Magic Kingdom of Disneyland".

Also, the park map on the game box is clearly the MK @ WDW.

Correction: Right now on Utilidors Audio Broadcasting they have the Disneyland RR - Ludwig Von Drake Narration, and he specifically calls it the Magic Kingdom. Hats off to Joey.

ditzeechick02

AllThatsJoey said:

WORD

Exactly, that's what I thought! Thanks for backing me up Joey! :p

that_L_do_pig

Original Poster
SpenceMan01 said:
Not noticable in the pictures online, but I saw it @ Toys r Us: They don't have the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, they have it as Tarzan's Treehouse from DL. Just another inconsitency I noticed.
Thanks for posting this because I know little about DL and I actually got this attraction card when I played last night and was confused. The treehouse WAS down for rehab last time I was at WDW so I did not know what to think...

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
SpenceMan01 said:
I have some old audio of DL announcements. In them it's refered to as the "Magic Kingdom of Disneyland".

Also, the park map on the game box is clearly the MK @ WDW.

Correction: Right now on Utilidors Audio Broadcasting they have the Disneyland RR - Ludwig Von Drake Narration, and he specifically calls it the Magic Kingdom. Hats off to Joey.
Again, he's saying magic kingdom, not THE MAGIC KINGDOM PARK. ;)

Never said that people haven't called it the magic kingdom, just that it's never been officially named that. ;)

AllThatsJoey

ditzeechick02 said:
From my understanding, Disney Land has Magic Kingdom too... so the castle may not be wrong after all! :)
It's all good, I was defending the above comment in which Ditzeechick02 refered to it as "Magic Kingdom" and not "Magic Kingdom Park". So yeah, I'm sure that box was made so it could be sold at multiple resorts.

All Thats Left Dot Com!

mandib

SpenceMan01 said:

Yes this is exactly what urks me about this game. I was so mad when I was playing. I was like this isn't in the MK! My mom thought I was insane. lol

Captain Hank

Another thought--they might be using that castle becaue it's easier to make. I'm not sure if any previous MK game offered a plastic Cinderella's castle, but I'd think that the taller, thinner spires of Cindy's vs. the shorter spires of SB's Castle would be more prone to breakage. Not saying you're wrong about the easier marketing, but just my $.02

SpenceMan01

hcwalker16 said:
Another thought--they might be using that castle becaue it's easier to make. I'm not sure if any previous MK game offered a plastic Cinderella's castle, but I'd think that the taller, thinner spires of Cindy's vs. the shorter spires of SB's Castle would be more prone to breakage. Not saying you're wrong about the easier marketing, but just my $.02
More prone to breakage and POKING OUT EYES! :dazzle: :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom