Magic Kingdom Birthdays

GenerationX

As I've mentioned in other birthday threads, don't set your expectations too high. We were at Epcot last year and the MK this year on my son's 4th and 5th birthdays, and no one outside of the restaurant wait staff did anything special for him. He wore the pin around both times. No Happy Birthday wishes, nothing.

We also did a birthday dinner at Chef Mickey's (with BIRTHDAY! all over the PS) and didn't receive any special attention.

I was led to believe that birthdays at WDW were outstanding (particularly for little kids), but the reality was far different. The wait staff at restaurants singing Happy Birthday and giving my son a birthday cupcake was pretty much the full extent of the celebration. Fortunately, no one other than me was expecting anything, and I was having too much fun at WDW to care about this minor letdown.

phichi17

You gotta play some part in the MAGIC yourself too.;) I have scheduled for my wifes b-day a character b-fast @ CP the morning of her special day then that evening a carriage ride around POR.

The big suprise for her though is that I am handing her the "deed" to our new DVC membership with ressies early next yr. She ( I hope) knows nothing of this.

Oceana

I spent my 30th birthday in 2002 at DW my birthday is September 11. I got the pen. I had alot of great extra attention. At our resort I was sent an autogrpahed photo and a stuffed animal from a cast member. In the MK the barbershop quartet sang an entire show to me complete with dancing. The other guests were super great too, offering to send me photographs and copies of the video. It was wonderful.

9 months later my son was born, we will be taking him for his 1st... I suppose second trip early November.

stitchlvr

9 months later my son was born, we will be taking him for his 1st... I suppose second trip early November.

How sweet! Ever see that commercial with the kid blabbing in the elevator about his trip to WDW and the baby whom his parents call their "little souvineer" :eek:

if he hasn't had his first haircut yet, as mentioned in this thread you can do that at the barber shop on Main Street. It's a really neat experience! My son had his first there too!

Oceana

stitchlvr said:
"little souvineer" :eek: QUOTE]

Yes we have seen the souvineer commercial... we tease that it could have been that we saw the movie the "making of me" that day too.

Gosh I wish he had not already had his first hair cut... I wish we had waited his dad would have really enjoyed that. He usually gets his hair cut on mainstreet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom