Magic Kingdom: A New Generation

What should I do regarding Indiana Jones?

• Keep Indiana Jones Adventure

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Add in Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Well, if I may be frank, I'm starting to have second thoughts on Bald Mountain. I proposed that it could be built in-between the Wonderland and Storybook Circus areas of Fantasyland, and be accessible via the path that connects Storybook Circus to Tomorrowland. But, that begs the question--how will the guests get to Bald Mountain from there? The railroad tracks are right nearby the path, and how would the guests get past the tracks? So, with that said, I'm thinking about getting rid of Bald Mountain.

In terms of the railroad, just dig a tunnel underneath.

I don't think Bald Mountain really fits the Fantasyland theme.. Maybe do Pinocchio or Sleeping Beauty instead?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
In terms of the railroad, just dig a tunnel underneath.

I don't think Bald Mountain really fits the Fantasyland theme.. Maybe do Pinocchio or Sleeping Beauty instead?

I don't think digging a tunnel would be possible. There's a river near the land-mass Bald Mountain would occupy and there's a risk of the tunnel-work filling with the water.

I'm definitely leaning towards getting rid of Bald Mountain entirely, but plan to do nothing with that land area.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Hello, ladies and gentlemen of the WDWMagic Imagineering forums. I have gone back to update Adventureland a bit.

I don't think the Paradise Springs backstory would fit Adventureland much. I don't think there's enough buildings to properly convey an "island community tourist spot" backstory. Therefore, I feel it would be easier to choose a new backstory. That's why I've decided to utilize an idea from @MANEATINGWREATH's excellent Dream Resort thread: the "Forgotten Kingdom" backstory. In my opinion, it wouldn't be too hard to convert the current existing buildings to better fit the new backstory the land has.

MANEATINGWREATH

Hello, ladies and gentlemen of the WDWMagic Imagineering forums. I have gone back to update Adventureland a bit.

I don't think the Paradise Springs backstory would fit Adventureland much. I don't think there's enough buildings to properly convey an "island community tourist spot" backstory. Therefore, I feel it would be easier to choose a new backstory. That's why I've decided to utilize an idea from @MANEATINGWREATH's excellent Dream Resort thread: the "Forgotten Kingdom" backstory. In my opinion, it wouldn't be too hard to convert the current existing buildings to better fit the new backstory the land has.

Haha, ironically, Paradise Springs was the theme and story of my first dream resort's Adventureland, however many years ago that was. Glad to see the Forgotten Kingdom getting some love!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Hello again, I've decided to go back and update my Western River Expedition ride-through. I found the original to be too similar to Splash Mountain (I originally found the ride-through on the original Visions Fantastic, and it was originally created for the SYWTBAI competition. The team created it for Paris to basically have it serve as the park's Splash Mountain, hence the similarities between the two in the ride-through), and so, I've gone back to give it a little bit more of a Maelstrom-esque spin.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Hello, friends. I've decided to take to go back and do a little re-organizing regarding Frontierland and Fantasyland. Much like how Main Street, Adventureland, Liberty Square and Tomorrowland are described starting from their main entrance, so too will Frontierland and Fantasyland (Frontierland will start from its entrance in Liberty Square and Fantasyland will start, of course, from the Castle).

In addition, I recently learned that the Diamond Horseshoe is not in Frontierland, but in Liberty Square.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Hey guys, I've just come up with an idea. I'm debating whether or not to put it in my official thread, so I'll leave it up to you guys.

My idea is this: Remember how Tokyo was slated to have their "small world" attraction moved to make way for a new expansion? (The idea was cancelled and "small world" is still gonna be where it is, but still.)
tokyo-disney-resort-feat1.png
Well, I'd do something similar. I'd move the entire attraction to a new location. Since we all want the Indy Speedway removed, I'd place it there. See, I'd want the new location to be located alongside the railway, much like California and Paris.

Here is an idea of what the new location could look like.
Plus, with the new location, we could expand the ride. I'd really like to take inspiration from Paris and Hong Kong, whose beautifully ornate versions of the ride I consider to be the best of the five different versions.

What do you guys think? Does this sound like a good idea?

mharrington

Hey guys, I've just come up with an idea. I'm debating whether or not to put it in my official thread, so I'll leave it up to you guys.

My idea is this: Remember how Tokyo was slated to have their "small world" attraction moved to make way for a new expansion? (The idea was cancelled and "small world" is still gonna be where it is, but still.)
tokyo-disney-resort-feat1.png
Well, I'd do something similar. I'd move the entire attraction to a new location. Since we all want the Indy Speedway removed, I'd place it there. See, I'd want the new location to be located alongside the railway, much like California and Paris.

Here is an idea of what the new location could look like.
Plus, with the new location, we could expand the ride. I'd really like to take inspiration from Paris and Hong Kong, whose beautifully ornate versions of the ride I consider to be the best of the five different versions.

What do you guys think? Does this sound like a good idea?

This is just me, but I would rather wait and see it happen in reality (if it ever did happen, which is looking less likely now) before I did anything like move the ride structure elsewhere. At least one person thought that moving Small World elsewhere does not make a lot of sense from a financial standpoint.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
This is just me, but I would rather wait and see it happen in reality (if it ever did happen, which is looking less likely now) before I did anything like move the ride structure elsewhere. At least one person thought that moving Small World elsewhere does not make a lot of sense from a financial standpoint.

True, but I honestly think it would work.

In fact, I'm thinking about going back over my plans and re-doing certain aspects of Fantasyland. This little thing I did should showcase what I'd like to do.
Small World 2.png
  • Much like S.W. Wilson did in his most recent Magic Kingdom plan...
Blog%2B-%2BWDW%2BMK%2B2016.PNG
I'd use the space "small world" currently occupies for a Tangled
area.
  • Wonderland Canal Cruise would be removed. In its place, I'd put in a copy of Paris' Alice's Curious Labyrinth.
  • And of course, "it's a small world" would find a new home here, with a massive new exterior and a larger interior. This way, we can bring the ride (usually considered the weakest among the five different versions) up to par with the other versions.
I'll be adding these into my plan on the first page over time. I'm definitely sure that this is what I'm gonna do with my plan.

What do you guys think?

spacemt354

Chili's

In fact, I'm thinking about going back over my plans and re-doing certain aspects of Fantasyland. This little thing I did should showcase what I'd like to do.
area.
  • Wonderland Canal Cruise would be removed. In its place, I'd put in a copy of Paris' Alice's Curious Labyrinth.
  • And of course, "it's a small world" would find a new home here, with a massive new exterior and a larger interior. This way, we can bring the ride (usually considered the weakest among the five different versions) up to par with the other versions.
I'll be adding these into my plan on the first page over time. I'm definitely sure that this is what I'm gonna do with my plan.

What do you guys think?
Go for it!

mharrington

area.

What do you guys think?

You go right ahead, but I'm more the kind who likes to see how things play out in reality before applying it to ideas. I'm pragmatic like that.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
You go right ahead, but I'm more the kind who likes to see how things play out in reality before applying it to ideas. I'm pragmatic like that.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I'm honestly having second thoughts about moving "small world". Maybe if I expand the current building a bit, that'll give me something to work with. Or I could remove Pinocchio Village Haus...but I don't want to do that either.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
I don't think you could expand the ride without removing the Pinocchio restaurant.

True.

Guys, I've thought it over. I'm gonna keep "small world" where it currently is. I'm gonna expand the current ride building, and unfortunately, that will call for the removal of the Tangled ride. Besides, the area where I had located the ride was partially went into the fireworks fallout zone.

What do you guys think?

--EDIT:-- The new version of the ride has been posted: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/magic-kingdom-a-new-generation.903725/#post-6879483

Last edited:

MANEATINGWREATH

Oh yeah! I plan to replace my idea to bring back the original Alien Encounter with your concept for Guardians of the Galaxy: An ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter.

I look forward to reading through the script!

Awesome! I'm always flattered when you incorporate my work into yours haha.

Quick question for you; the script isn't due for release for a while, but since S.I.R. and Skippy will be incorporated into the GOTG Alien Encounter, do you think that Billy West would be a good voice for S.I.R.? I'm trying to emulate Phil Hartman's seldom heard performance as S.I.R. to match the humorous style of the GOTG theme.

It just so happens that Billy West's portrayal of Zapp Brannigan in Futurama (who was supposed to be voiced by Phil) is quite similar to a Hartman performance. Just want to hear your two cents first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom