Rumor Magic Kingdom 50th rumor tracker

Bacon

Original Poster
These are only for RUMORS not news

July 12th 2015: @whylightbulb claims Disney is about to aproove a frointerland expansion
That calls for a major E-ticket attraction and the return of the seasonal country bear jamboree overlays.

November 20th 2016: Bob Chapek announces a Overhaul is coming to Epcot.

April 15th 2017 @WDW1974 claims the Tiki Room will be replaced with moana as a candidate

April 24th 2017
@fgh4747 claims fantasmic will be replaced or updated by 2021

June 26th 2017
@Bacon says philharmagic will be updated before 2021 featuring modern films such as Moana, Frozen, ETC

April 16th 2018
The site that shall not be named claims new monorails are coming in the next few years backed up by Bob Gurr but not officially announced

Disneyson

I believe there were other small-scale rumors for the 50th in order to reach “50 Reasons to Visit for the 50th” or however it’ll be marketed, such as:

- A finale update for Carousel of Progress
- The Explosion Scene in Big Thunder Mountain
- I believe new Pavillion films were tied into this, especially in China where Mulan might become the show’s guide?
- And several other fan-favorite refurbs that I can’t quite remember right now...
Unfortunately, I do not remember the sources, but I do recall these ideas being thrown around by the few “trusted insiders” found on these boards.

I find this thread to be important as it give us an idea of the rumored “50 Surprises” we may see during the Anniversary. While the rumor tracker thread runs for years and years, this one focuses on the 50th and the possible marketing campaign that may run alongside it. Personally, I find it interesting to wonder what they’ll include to bring the number up to 50, should they continue with this idea.

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Personally, I find it interesting to wonder what they’ll include to bring the number up to 50, should they continue with this idea.

That could be a logical reason... maybe start a list of the confirmed additions before the 50th, then a list of the rumored additions and see how close to 50 we get... then keep it updated as new things are announced... Personally, it's all marketing and while I'm sure there will be many big additions in the next couple years, I feel like even now they don't have a formal "list" of 50 things and when we get to the end, some things on the list may be a but of a stretch (like if they counted the new purple wall or something similar).

shernernum

So we have 2 japan restaurant threads mine and the other
Because one is a thread about a rumored restaurant in Japan and one is a news thread containing the actual announcement of a new restaurant whereas this is just a rehash of things that are already in another thread.
Trust me there is a difference.

HauntedMansionFLA

These are only for RUMORS not news

July 12th 2015: @whylightbulb claims Disney is about to aproove a frointerland expansion
That calls for a major E-ticket attraction and the return of the seasonal country bear jamboree overlays.

November 20th 2016: Bob Chapek announces a Overhaul is coming to Epcot.

April 15th 2017 @WDW1974 claims the Tiki Room will be replaced with moana as a candidate

April 24th 2017
@fgh4747 claims fantasmic will be replaced or updated by 2021

June 26th 2017
@Bacon says philharmagic will be updated before 2021 featuring modern films such as Moana, Frozen, ETC

April 16th 2018
The site that shall not be named claims new monorails are coming in the next few years backed up by Bob Gurr but not officially announced
If they would have announced the frointerland expansion and started to build on July 13, 2015, they would be almost done. ;) Any teeth with that rumor or the original poster?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom