Magic Key Renewals?

Sailor310

Original Poster
I'm sorry if it's discussed somewhere else, I haven't spent much time on here lately. I've been on Quora reading obsessively about Ukraine, Russia, Putin, etc.
Does anyone have any inside knowledge about what Disneyland is going to do about Magic Key renewals? I will hit 40 days from the end of my pass July 17th. I had a generic response from DL that sounded like they were going to allow renewals, but I'd sure like to have firm answers on when, how much, and how any new plan will work. I'll take WAGs as well. Thanks!

I did grab reservations Aug 23 and 25, the last days of my pass, in case it goes away.

Last edited:

Phroobar

I'm sorry if it's discussed somewhere else, I haven't spent much time on here lately. I've been on Quora reading obsessively about Ukraine, Russia, Putin, etc.
Does anyone have any inside knowledge about what Disneyland is going to do about Magic Key renewals? I hit 40 days from the end of my pass July 17th. I had a generic response from DL that sounded like they were going to allow renewals, but I'd sure like to have firm answers on when, how much, and how any new plan will work. I'll take WAGs as well. Thanks!

I did grab reservations Aug 23 and 25, the last days of my pass, in case it goes away.
So with all the maintenance problems, broken effects, huge lines, lack of open reservations, Genie+ making stand by lines a joke and poor food quality, why give them more money?

DLR92

Always wanted a pass, but with this reservation. I put off wanting a pass. I rather just spend regular admission.

Sailor310

Original Poster
So with all the maintenance problems, broken effects, huge lines, lack of open reservations, Genie+ making stand by lines a joke and poor food quality, why give them more money?
I recently had a wonderful meal at the Napa Rose. The landscaping is pretty, the train works fine, Mark Twain works fine, Star Tours has always worked. I enjoy the company of my friends. For the approx $20 per visit, ($400/20 visits) and low expectations, it's worth it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Does anyone have any inside knowledge about what Disneyland is going to do about Magic Key renewals? I will hit 40 days from the end of my pass July 17th. I had a generic response from DL that sounded like they were going to allow renewals, but I'd sure like to have firm answers on when, how much, and how any new plan will work. I'll take WAGs as well. Thanks!

There has been no official answer yet from Disney, but there appears to be some news on this coming out soon. From what some on the YouTubes like FreshBaked have concluded there will be an option to renew the magic keys or switch to a magic key equivalent later in the summer.

Here is the video where its discussed -

waltography

There has been no official answer yet from Disney, but there appears to be some news on this coming out soon. From what some on the YouTubes like FreshBaked have concluded there will be an option to renew the magic keys or switch to a magic key equivalent later in the summer.

Here is the video where its discussed -

I'm expecting an answer by this time next month, if only because it makes sense in my mind they'd give key holders a month in advance to consider the (potentially new) set up.

Sailor310

Original Poster

Here is the video where its discussed

Thanks!

Sailor310

Original Poster
I'm expecting an answer by this time next month, if only because it makes sense in my mind they'd give key holders a month in advance to consider the (potentially new) set up.
It makes me mad that DL is ONLY going to give us a month. Surely they have to know what they're going to do with an annual pass program and renewals! It makes me SO mad that they always make everything a BIG secret until the last second!

TP2000

Gawd, you make it sound like Calcutta on a bad day. 🤣

But I don't blame you. I also don't miss not having an AP. I also am confident I made the right decision by selling my OC home and moving out of state. 🧐

shambolicdefending

The safe assumption is that everything they're doing with MKs right now is about capping potential liability until the lawsuit is sorted out.

Obviously suspending new sales is part of that. I wouldn't think they'd suspend renewals, too, but maybe so.

Could it be that the whole program will be put on ice for the duration of litigation?

I still think Disney wins or, at worst, is liable for a fairly small settlement. But, lawyers running the numbers may see it differently.

Phroobar

Because people still see value it 🤷‍♂️
I think it is more training and habit that seems to win over "lowered expectations" and value. $400 is 67 gallons of gas. This isn't Florida. There are other places in the state that you can spend $400 and have a fair superior time with friends. Like @TP2000 said, not exactly a winning sales pitch. Disney should probably use that in the DVC pitches.

SoCalDisneyLover

It makes me mad that DL is ONLY going to give us a month. Surely they have to know what they're going to do with an annual pass program and renewals! It makes me SO mad that they always make everything a BIG secret until the last second!
The reason they don't care, is that they know their cult followers will deal with whatever they throw at them.

Disstevefan1

Honestly, I don't think they actually know what they are doing with their AP programs and we all know how much they dislike APers; Chapek especially dislikes APers having spoke in public about it.

Phroobar

The reason they don't care, is that they know their cult followers will deal with whatever they throw at them.
It's very true. I've never understood the idea of giving a company money blindly but hate final product we see here. Disneyland needs to return the unpopular empty 1990's version of itself so management will need to strive for something besides mediocracy.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think it is more training and habit that seems to win over "lowered expectations" and value. $400 is 67 gallons of gas. This isn't Florida. There are other places in the state that you can spend $400 and have a fair superior time with friends. Like @TP2000 said, not exactly a winning sales pitch. Disney should probably use that in the DVC pitches.
My friend, just because you don't see value in spending money at DLR doesn't mean others can't. Everyone has a right to spend their money how they want. And as long as the person is getting enjoyment out of going that is priceless. So whether its $400 or 67 gallons of gas, who really cares as long as they have a good time.

Phroobar

My friend, just because you don't see value in spending money at DLR doesn't mean others can't. Everyone has a right to spend their money how they want. And as long as the person is getting enjoyment out of going that is priceless. So whether its $400 or 67 gallons of gas, who really cares as long as they have a good time.
I get what you are saying. It's people's money. They can go into debt and support whatever company they want. Live and let live. But sometimes success leads to a product's destruction.

Nothing will ever change and prices will continue to climb and quality/showmanship will decline. The more people are willing to pay for a product, the worst the product becomes. I want to see a better Disneyland were it leads the industry with service, quality and showmanship. The problem is Disneyland's biggest enemy is it's own success. It makes me crazy watching it implode. It is sad how people ruin good things.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom