Magic Journies and Legend of the Lion King

crowdcontroltap

Original Poster
Anyone remember these two attractions that were housed in the same building but at different times? I do. I remember that I disliked Magic Journies alot (I was probably 5 at the time). The concept was ok but it just lacked (sorry to the folks that did like it).
A few years later Legend of the Lion King came along...again liked the idea but something was still lacking. I have plans for that attraction before they killed it but Im still not revealing everything since someone might run with my idea but here is a hint....remember there are two other Lion King attractions at WDW Festival of the Lion King and Circle of Life....anybody else think they could combine some elements of this show into the other attractions?

Of all the attractions that have been in this building I think Mickey's Philharmagic does it alot of justice...I love this attraction and the concept...takes me back to the old Mickey Philharmonic films with Clairabell Cow and etc. I would have to say that they should have made it maybe a little bit longer, a few minutes maybe but still this attraction rocks.

General Grizz

Originally, the Fantasyland Theatre was home to the Mickey Mouse Revue. After suffering attendance loss, the Revue closed to show Disney cartoon shorts. Later, Magic Journeys came in from EPCOT when Captain EO replaced the show in the Imagination pavilion. :)

meanmice

I happened to download the magic journies song the other day and I was wondering what this attraction was all about as I don't remember hearing about it.

Sir Mickey´s

Well I remember the Lion King Attraction, with the walking puppets... It was the first Time I went to WDW..
But why did they shut it down ?? Because in my view that was a fun thing to do.. not something you go every time you are in magic kingdom.. but he, what attraction is in fantasyland ??:rolleyes:

cloudboy

Magic Journeys - there's a trip! It was this (terribly) 70's 3d movie with this song that you could not get out of your head. Which was bad because if you think "It's a Small World" is bad...There was no real plot to the movie, and it was pretty sappy. Kind of like those big collar shirts - you remember them fondly but you would not want to wear them again.

I know this technically impossible, but for some reason that movie and that song gave me a headache. Some kind of bad association or something.

I personally rather liked the Lion King.

Dishost

I loved the Legend of the Lion King show, it was one of my favorite attractions in the Magic Kingdom. I also was upset they got rid of it because now of my 2 favorites at the Magic Kingdom where gone, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Legend of the Lion King.

wdwfan22

There was nothing magical about Magic Journeys. This had to be one of the worst films every done for the parks. Just my opinion though :)

TiggerBW

All I can remember about Magic Journeys is..........seeing butterflies. They were in the movie. I remember that the 3d part of it was neat at the time, but I didn't really care much for it since it bored me.

HOWEVER, I LOVED the Legend of the Lion King. I really miss it. I still listen to the finale from that attraction. That was just too cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom