Magic...it seems to be slipping...

Patrick_Ears

Yeah i have to agree with alot of people on here. July is like waaayyy too hot to go. The heat makes people crabby and crazy. You know i saw this one time in the parks and this lady was upset that the lines was hardly moving and she told this CM "we paid thousand of dollars and traveled like over 800 miles at least you can get this line moving" The CM just looked at her and said "yes mam you and like thousands did the same."

I did that once in July and never again... To hot and too many people.

PHSCoach

Just got back from two weeks at WDW. One of the biggest complaints I have is that it seems that there is more and more trash left around and nobody wants to pick it up. Now I know it is not the CM that are leaving the trash around but I would think that if they say some trash they would pick it up. Every morning I would run around the boardwalk and see numerous beer bottles and cups placed on the railing post around the lake. During my 5 mile run I would see numerous CM walking past these bottles and not removing them. There was one supervisor that did remove some but that was it. I would think that if a supervisor could remove trash, than a CM should do the same.
As far as the tour groups are concerned I really don't care for them, but as long as they behave themselves I can tolerate them. I do think that there should be a special line in the fast pass distribution area. There is nothing more frustration than getting behind someone that has 50 tickets.
We very rarely encounter a rude CM. There are times that we do and it does change the experience for us. Fortunately they are few and far between.

Goofnut1980

I do think that there should be a special line in the fast pass distribution area. There is nothing more frustration than getting behind someone that has 50 tickets.

This is funny because on my last trip, we had a CM tell me that I could not get FP's at TSMM for myself and 2 other people.. They told me I could only get ONE and would have to re-enter the line.

My husband and I live by this one hard and fast fact. July is absolutely the most wretched, terrible, and non-magical time to be in Disney World. Our last July trip was in 2007. We were left with such a bitter aftertaste, we started going in June. We went last month and immediately remembered why July is so wretched. The guests that come in July are beyond rude. The heat and crowds are tolerable. However, the heat and crowds with the type of guest you find in July make for a disaster. So maybe, OP, your experience has to do with July more than declining magic.

I totally agree with the rude guests statement; we usually are at Disney at the end of July/early August and it's appalling how rude guests are and how much lack of respect the masses have for others and Disney property. I enjoy interacting with other guests and finding out where everybody is from...but over the past few years it's becoming alarmingly easy to remember instances of bad guests rather than polite individuals. Part of the experience is interacting with diverse guests but it's clearly evident that some have the mentality that their party is the only enjoying the parks. Cutting in lines, wedging in front of other people during fireworks/parades, and stopping in the middle of aisles in theaters when CM's clearly instruct guests to move to the end of the row are all-to-common instances of typical guest behavior.

I didn't notice any cleanliness/trash issues recently...last week was my first stay at Riverside and I was very impressed by the cleanliness around the resort. The interior of the rooms could use a facelift but overall I enjoyed my experience.

mrg1106

In the Parks
No
I think you guys are trying to find too many flaws in a vacation. Are CM's always happy-go-lucky, relaxed people every single hour and day? No. We're all human and sometimes people just have bad days; its a part of our lives, it happens.

captainkidd

I think you guys are trying to find too many flaws in a vacation. Are CM's always happy-go-lucky, relaxed people every single hour and day? No. We're all human and sometimes people just have bad days; its a part of our lives, it happens.

I think anyone who has experienced Disney in July, doesn't have to look very hard.

The entire idea of Disney World (and Disneyland for that matter) is to escape the stress, pressure and reality of the outside world.

mrg1106

In the Parks
No
I think anyone who has experienced Disney in July, doesn't have to look very hard.

The entire idea of Disney World (and Disneyland for that matter) is to escape the stress, pressure and reality of the outside world.

My thoughts exactly on your second point; its called a vacation for a reason, YOU are there to have a good time.

There are always going to be rude guests and negative things that happen at Disney but it's a choice of not letting it affect the fun of experiencing the magic.

Daddymouse

My personal experience at WDW is that the CM’s are very good. I have either witnessed or been part of several occasions where CM’s went out of their way to create some magic for people. Since DW and I like to meet people and talk we have met many guests including people that were with BTG’s who were interesting. Yes, I have seen some people have Disney Stress Tantrums, but I try to not let it affect me. I don’t think the magic is waning, I think it is increasing. It may be more spread out now when one compares WDW in 1980 to WDW 201. With that being said, I have also seen places where Disney has cut back. It is either that or I sit back more often and smell the roses as opposed to my commando style when I was younger.

mrsdanalind

There are always going to be rude guests and negative things that happen at Disney but it's a choice of not letting it affect the fun of experiencing the magic.

It's like the weather.. either you can sit and complain or you can ignore it and keep going. I prefer to shrug my shoulders and keep going, I'm there to relax and:lol: I'm there to have a good time, and to hopefully not bother anyone at all. I mind my manners and smile. Makes a difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom