Magic Express

scoop

Anyone have any trouble getting luggage if your flight comes in after 6pm? We arrive in Orlando around 8pm. I'm little worried about not receiving my luggage that same night, especially having kids with us. Just wondering how efficient the system is ? :animwink:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Generally, it takes up to three hours to get to your room. You can:

- Not use the tags and retrieve your bags yourself. Then you're certain to have them. They'll put them under the bus you're on.

- Take necessities in carry-on for the first night and ask the Bell Desk not to deliver the bags until you call in the morning [it can take around 10-15 mins once you call, depending on how busy they are].

- Accept that they might knock on your door during the night after you've gone to bed. My DS would sleep through WWIII once he's asleep, so it would only disrupt my sleep... I recover well, so it wouldn't be problematic.

Upvote 0

newfanatic

I think it depends on how busy it happens to be when you arrive. When we used ME last year, two of our three bags arrived at the room before we did! And the third arrived within the hour. A good number of people arrived the same time we did, but nothing crazy.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Monty Mon is completely correct. If it is an issue, dont tag your bags, retrieve them at luggage pick up and proceed over to DME with your luggage and it will be transported with you. If you dont mind your luggage arriving later or the following day then go ahead tag it, take a carry on with the essentials and again no problem! Belle

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Well, be aware that if you have a GREAT BIG TAG on your luggage with your name clearly written on it - even though you have decided NOT to use the Magical Express luggage tags - the extremely efficient Magical Express baggage folks might check their manifest, see your name on it, and grab your bag(s) ANYWAY. That's what happened to me - and boy, was I in a panic when my suitcase didn't appear on the baggage carousel in Orlando! I thought for sure it had been lost along the way! I filled out a lost luggage report with Southwest, trailed drearily over to the Magical Express counter, and my luggage and I didn't meet up until midnight at Port Orleans - nine hours later! :eek:

My advice to you is to just let the Magical Express handle it. Pack a set of clean undies in your carry-on luggage, and don't worry. :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom