Magic bands

Gemma89

Original Poster
I've just managed to link my reservation to my My Disney Exp account (woop!!) however when I was adding my bf as my travel buddy/ second person it wouldn't recognise him from my family and friends list. So I added him again and it's now just him twice on the reservation..... Is there a way to fix this or do I just need to ring the helpline?

Also once I've sorted this out and we've done our magic bands, the only options are plain solid colours. I presume if we wanted to buy one with a character or a design on it once were in the parks we can have it activated to our accounts to use for the rest of the trip? I'm in love with the red spotty one

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I've just managed to link my reservation to my My Disney Exp account (woop!!) however when I was adding my bf as my travel buddy/ second person it wouldn't recognise him from my family and friends list. So I added him again and it's now just him twice on the reservation..... Is there a way to fix this or do I just need to ring the helpline?

Also once I've sorted this out and we've done our magic bands, the only options are plain solid colours. I presume if we wanted to buy one with a character or a design on it once were in the parks we can have it activated to our accounts to use for the rest of the trip? I'm in love with the red spotty one
You might try deleting and re-adding him. If not, then a call to the helpline is in order.

Yes, you can only get the solid color ones initially. When you buy another one, then can link it to your account immediately, and you can begin using it right away. All MBs linked to your account will work, even with future trips, as long as it still says Active on the MDE website.

Gemma89

Original Poster
I've tried and because he's linked to the reservation it won't let me delete him.... I'll call tomorrow and see what they can do

And that's good! I'd stick with the plain ones but their boring and like I say I've found that spotty one

How long do they usually last for then? Coz obviously we'll be wanting to come back but could be a few years

Rob562

I've tried and because he's linked to the reservation it won't let me delete him.... I'll call tomorrow and see what they can do

And that's good! I'd stick with the plain ones but their boring and like I say I've found that spotty one

How long do they usually last for then? Coz obviously we'll be wanting to come back but could be a few years

Since there are complications and multiple instances of your bf, the answers to a few questions are required to help you out with your linking issue:

-Does your bf have his own MDE account? (Which he would log in using his own email address) If so, are you linked as friends?
-Who is the Lead Guest on the hotel reservation?
-Is your BF's name on the hotel reservation spelled exactly the same? (Jim vs James? A middle initial missing? A Jr/Sr missing?)

As for the Bands, all Bands will work indefinitely for all tap-to-use functions. (tickets, room key, room charging, FP+, Photopass tap readers, etc) The long-range functions (auto-linking on-ride photos and the new interactive "magic" bits) will stop working after 2-3 years when the internal battery eventually dies.

-Rob

Gemma89

Original Poster
He doesn't have his own account, and yeah both of us are on th reservation with our middle names and on the account with our middle initials, and I'm the lead name on the reservation coz I paid the deposit

And ok that's cool! I wish I lived closer to get there more often haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom