Magic bands

DisneyBound2015

Original Poster
Are the free customized magic bands part of any onsite reservation or only part of a package? Which brings up another question. I would like to avoid the package restrictions since I am only getting 1 day tickets and one night. Can I reserve the room and purchase tickets (at the same time on the phone)? If so, would this keep me from getting the magic bands?

sjhym333

As a resort guest you will get MagicBands that you will use as a room key, etc. You will need to set up a My Disney Experience account and add your resort reservation to it. That will generate your customization of your MagicBand. After you purchase your 1 day ticket you will then add that to your My Disney Experience account also and at the 60 day mark you will be able to make FP+ reservations. The MagicBands will then be able to be used to get into the park and for FP entry

DisneyBound2015

Original Poster
So, I am going to get 2 sets of bands if I book 2 separate nights? We may end up doing back another day later in the week so I am booking another separate night to leave our options open.

sjhym333

No only one. Your resort MagicBand is good for everything IF you set up your MDE account and add your reservations and tickets under it. A MagicBand is only a pointer to information that is on your My Disney Experience Account.

DisneyBound2015

Original Poster
But if you get a set just for making a reservation, and I am making 2 separate reservations and they don't get linked to MDE till after I receive them, how do they know not to send 2 sets? I really have no use for the second set of bands but was wondering since it doesn't seem like they aren't going to send them but is quite silly to send them.

sjhym333

If you make 2 different reservations then yes you will get 2 sets of MagicBands I believe. There is no way around that. However, they will all be tied to your single MDE account in terms of tickets etc. But I believe (and someone can confirm) that for each reservation you have, the MagicBand for THAT reservation will only open the room door, etc. If you read through hotel posts you will find many here have many MagicBands from various trips and reservations.

Kosmo1986

If you make 2 different reservations then yes you will get 2 sets of MagicBands I believe. There is no way around that. However, they will all be tied to your single MDE account in terms of tickets etc. But I believe (and someone can confirm) that for each reservation you have, the MagicBand for THAT reservation will only open the room door, etc. If you read through hotel posts you will find many here have many MagicBands from various trips and reservations.

If you have 2 magic bands, both will work to open the door to your hotel room. Each magic band is linked to a person and any reservations (or tickets) that person has. I was there a few weeks ago and I have 3 magic bands and wore then interchangeably throughout my vacation.

sjhym333

If you have 2 magic bands, both will work to open the door to your hotel room. Each magic band is linked to a person and any reservations (or tickets) that person has. I was there a few weeks ago and I have 3 magic bands and wore then interchangeably throughout my vacation.

There you go. I stand corrected. Of course you can only personalize one set of bands and not the other set. The second set will end up being grey.

erasure fan1

If you make 2 different reservations then yes you will get 2 sets of MagicBands I believe.
Yes this totally true we did it last summer. We had part of our stay in a DVC studio and the last day we were in a 1 bedroom and when we checked in to the 2nd room they just gave them to us. We just kept them in the box as it is kind of a cool souvenir.

Dwarful

We are going with the high school marching band in a few days. My husband and I are flying in the day before and staying one more night....so for this short 6 day trip we eneded up with three different sets of Magic Bands in three different colors...shipped in three different packages. lol Plus we already had a set from June. Pretty soon we will have enough to make a chain for the Christmas tree! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom