Magic Bands Question

Texas84

Not all smart phones are supported. Yet. I guess you could also use the old mobile web site. But last time I was there WiFi was useless and there is rarely any decent carrier performance in the parks. Anyone know if they are doing anything to fix this?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Not all smart phones are supported. Yet. I guess you could also use the old mobile web site. But last time I was there WiFi was useless and there is rarely any decent carrier performance in the parks. Anyone know if they are doing anything to fix this?
From what I understand...it is already supposed to be fixed.

Except...it isn't.

ddrongowski

And the answer is "go to guest relations, and they will help you", "but I do not want to stand in that line", "go to guest relations, and they will help you", "you're not listening to me are you?" "go to guest relations, and they will help you". :oops:

Sneezy62

Spoke with Disney last night about the whole fastpass+ system. Here are the questions I asked and the answers they gave back.
Sounds like a smartphone is really required to get the most out of this? Yes a smart phone really is required, but is not... If you do not use a smartphone, you will go to guest relations to get, modify, change, link, unlink your fastpasses.

I see they mention kiosks for ticketless fastpasses, if you do not have a smartphone. There are no kiosks, guest relations at the park will be were you go to get your fastpasses, etc...
But how does it notify you if you do not have a smartphone? While you are at guest relations at the park, they will tell you the times of your fastpass+.
Does it give you a ticket at the kiosk? No there are no kiosks, but guest relations the park will tell you the times.
How many of these kiosks are there? Zero.
How fast is it to use one of these kiosks (think about the problems people have at simple to use self checkouts at grocery or walmart stores)? Since there are no kiosks and guest relations at the park will handle the issuing, modifications, linking, unlinking, etc of the fastpass+. It will depend on how busy guest relations at the park is.
Do I have to wait for a certain amount of time between kiosk visits? There are no kiosks for fastpass+ it is handled by guest relations at the park.
Also it sounded like you can get these ticketless fastpasses prior to entering the park, won't this just empty the fastpasses out within minutes (think of how fast they disappear for toy story in Disney Studios)? 60 days before arrival WDW guest may get 3 fastpass+ for a park, per day. Only 1 park per day not more then 1. Also the fastpass+ and existing fastpass system is not presently linked, so it is possible that double the amount of fastpasses will be issued in the beginning. Later the 2 fastpass systems will be linked, and yes it will be possible that non WDW resort guests will not be able to obtain a fastpass. Also WDW resort guests that do not utilize the 60 day prior to arrival issuing might not be able to obtain a fastpass.
I liked the post not for what the CM told you but for asking the questions. It sounds like guest relations is going to have their hands full. This does jibe with others others who have spoken of "walking kiosks" as opposed to fixtures in the parks. Rmours are that there are a lot of new CMs trained and ready to deal with FP+ rollout.

ddrongowski

I liked the post not for what the CM told you but for asking the questions. It sounds like guest relations is going to have their hands full. This does jibe with others others who have spoken of "walking kiosks" as opposed to fixtures in the parks. Rmours are that there are a lot of new CMs trained and ready to deal with FP+ rollout.

Just thought of another fault with the whole smartphone use in the parks. RAIN!!!!!!!! Fried smart phones....

Predsfan75

Keeping an open mind on this program. I'm in Software Development and it sounds to me (hoping at least) that the full suite of features haven't been fully communicated! I'm willing to beta test this in October! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom