Magic Bands purchase help?

Angelkim100

Original Poster
Hi I'm sorry if this is covered somewhere else but couldn't see it. We are visiting WDW next month staying offsite. We have purchased our tickets already (7 day magic plus tickets). We have received these tickets and they are paper tickets. We would like to exchange to a magic band, I understand we would have to pay for these once we get to the park. I have read somewhere that you need RFID plastic cards to then get the magic bands. Can someone tell me how this all works? Thanks in advance Kimberly

Rob562

Hi I'm sorry if this is covered somewhere else but couldn't see it. We are visiting WDW next month staying offsite. We have purchased our tickets already (7 day magic plus tickets). We have received these tickets and they are paper tickets. We would like to exchange to a magic band, I understand we would have to pay for these once we get to the park. I have read somewhere that you need RFID plastic cards to then get the magic bands. Can someone tell me how this all works? Thanks in advance Kimberly

Look on the back of your tickets. If it has a small MyMagic+ icon (a Mickey head inside a circle) then your tickets are already RFID-capable, even if they're paper tickets. You'll have no problem in buying and linking the Bands. (The Bands and your tickets can then be used interchangeably) If you've bought your tickets within the past 9-12 months, you have a 99% chance that they're already RFID.

If you don't have the symbol, you'll need to stop at a ticket window or Guest Relations to swap them out for RFID-enabled ticket media first.

And if you haven't already done so, you should set yourself up on the MDE site and link your tickets so that you can make FP+ reservations ahead of time. The Bands will then also link themselves to your MDE profiles when the CM activates them at time of purchase.

-Rob

Angelkim100

Original Poster
Hi thanks just looked and can't see the magic+ symbol.we bought them a couple of months back from orlando attractions. Can we change them to RFID at downtown disney or only at the actual park? Just thing of the time this will take and then to go and buy magic bands would rather do it all before actually hitting the park. Ihave just downloaded the mde app onto my phone so will look to link the tickets up. Thanks for all this help :)

Rob562

Hi thanks just looked and can't see the magic+ symbol.we bought them a couple of months back from orlando attractions. Can we change them to RFID at downtown disney or only at the actual park? Just thing of the time this will take and then to go and buy magic bands would rather do it all before actually hitting the park. Ihave just downloaded the mde app onto my phone so will look to link the tickets up. Thanks for all this help :)

You can exchange the tickets at Guest Relations in Downtown Disney if you happen to be there. (Did that with my Annual Pass last year)

You can then go to the Pin Traders store and buy your Bands.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom