Magic Bands in Civilian Life

Hcalvert

Who am I to judge? I still have my Magic Bands from my last two trips.
I have magic bands from when they were testing them before they were available to the masses....also I have loads of Disney cups from the DDP. I just put three more in the box in the garage tonight and I will be getting more on my next two trips.

Lilofan

Maybe every day when he wakes up and puts it on, it puts a smile on his face. Sounds like a good idea to me... I might be bee-boppin into work tomorrow with my magic band on lol
Good conversation piece with your fellow co workers,
I'm going to Disney World!
I just came back from Disney World, and I'm going back real soon!

Last edited:

NickPytlinski

My husband and I were taking our cat to the vet yesterday morning. About ten minutes after we got there, a man walked in with his two dogs.

After a minute, my husband discreetly sent me a text stating "That man is wearing two FitBits and a Magic Band." I didn't believe him, but as we were leaving, I tried to subtly take a peek. The hockey puck was on the inside of his wrist, but the Mickey head where it fastens was clear as day.

Please bear in mind, this was in the middle of Queens, so it's not like he was going to pop over for a visit to Food & Wine. Is anyone THAT big of a fan?

maybe its a conversation starter with fellow fans etc.
dunno

or a crazy Magic band Cult. I want in on that lol

jloucks

My husband and I were taking our cat to the vet yesterday morning. About ten minutes after we got there, a man walked in with his two dogs.

After a minute, my husband discreetly sent me a text stating "That man is wearing two FitBits and a Magic Band." I didn't believe him, but as we were leaving, I tried to subtly take a peek. The hockey puck was on the inside of his wrist, but the Mickey head where it fastens was clear as day.

Please bear in mind, this was in the middle of Queens, so it's not like he was going to pop over for a visit to Food & Wine. Is anyone THAT big of a fan?

From the title of this thread I thought you were talking about the Apple Watch! :p

...which is kinda like a real life Magic Band. It doesn't let you cut in any lines tho. Yet.

Cmdr_Crimson

The only other thing you could have done with the Magic Band outside of the parks was use it with Disney Infinity..What you did is placed the band onto the Infinity Pad and depending on which version you had you got an unlockable item

Version 1.0: Dragon's Den with Flying Dragon
Version 2.0: In celebration of DL's 60th a Small World Facade
Version 3.0: Disney Partners Statue

PeoplemoverTTA

My 15-year old stepson loves to "stack" his MB's up his arm and wear them around. It's apparently made quite an impression, because my 20-month old daughter now wants us to put an old MB on HER too 🤣

I know I would notice if someone was wearing a MB (just as my Spidey senses tingle when I hear someone talking about planning a trip -- I think we're just attuned to it as fans), but I wouldn't judge them or think there's anything odd about it. Just because I don't wear my MagicBands out in public doesn't mean that there is something wrong with people who do.

Raineman

From the title of this thread I thought you were talking about the Apple Watch! :p

...which is kinda like a real life Magic Band. It doesn't let you cut in any lines tho. Yet.
I'm surprised that there hasn't been any movement towards Apple Watch functionality as a MB. They have Apple Pay available at the Starbucks on property, so Apple does have a presence there. I think that, with the issues that have existed within the whole MM+ system, throwing Apple devices in there would probably only make it worse, so I guess I'll just continue to put my MB on the opposite wrist from my Apple Watch.

Benjamin_Nicholas

This is the true mark of a serial killer

Gillyanne

I have to admit, I've seen FitBits and similar devices on people. I always think they're magic bands.

I wore a fitbit like watch for a while (Samsung version) and had to tap a card for entry into my office, I found myself on more than one occasion trying to tap my watch and wonder why the door didn't unlock :banghead: Even funnier is I stay off site, and have only been on site 1 time (before I had this job) so I don't even use MB to get into my room....

Phonedave

I have heard of it, have even seen it once or twice. Not for me. I take mine off when I get on DME back to the airport.

But then I don't wear a fitbit or apple watch either. I wear this thing that many people have never heard of, it has these things on it called hands that you can use to determine the time of day.

Last edited:

ParisianDreamer

I wear mine as bracelets and I have almost all of the colors now so they go with everything. So, yes, it's not just something for Disney alone. Besides, I'm saving all my Magic Bands to make a chain for my Christmas tree. I love them!

BraveGirl

I generally keep mine on for a few days after getting home, because I'm in denial my trip is over. I also live in Queens.

My daughter wore hers for a month after our last trip. I finally had to force her to take it off..

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I have heard of it, have even seen it once or twice. Not for me. I take mine off when I get on DME back to the airport.

But then I don't wear a fitbit or apple watch either. I wear this thing that many people have never heard of, it has these things on it called hands that you can use to determine the time of day.
A sundial :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom