Magic Bands and Fingers?

Tink28

Original Poster
Have heard you still have to give a finger print on entering the parks even with a Magic Band, is this true?

Reason I ask is my Mum has bad arthritis in her fingers and has always found giving a finger print difficult as she finds it hard to put a finger straight on the pad!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Have heard you still have to give a finger print on entering the parks even with a Magic Band, is this true?

Reason I ask is my Mum has bad arthritis in her fingers and has always found giving a finger print difficult as she finds it hard to put a finger straight on the pad!
Yes finger scan is done to authenticate the guest on park entry.

durangojim

Ask her doctor for a note stating that due to her pain, she can't easily use the print. Also bring her ID. I think Disney will make an exception for her.

asialeigh

You don't need a doctor's note stating anything. Disney isn't the government or anything. Just let the park greeter know she has arthritis and has had trouble in the past scanning her finger. Have a photo ID of her and a Guest Relations CM at park entry will be able to scan her through.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I was just there and because I don't actually have fingers, not surprisingly this came up.

When you arrive at the entrance, ask the CM to call over the supervisor. Show your Photo-ID and they'll scan your MB and you're good to go. :cool:

I had one supervisor ask a "security question" about what park I had last visited... I had to ask my son because I had a total brain fart. :hilarious: She let me in anyway.

asialeigh

I was just there and because I don't actually have fingers, not surprisingly this came up.

When you arrive at the entrance, ask the CM to call over the supervisor. Show your Photo-ID and they'll scan your MB and you're good to go. :cool:

I had one supervisor ask a "security question" about what park I had last visited... I had to ask my son because I had a total brain fart. :hilarious: She let me in anyway.
That was a Guest Relations CM and not a supervisor but yes that is what will happen.

Tink28

Original Poster
Thanks for the info, Mum's fingers are quite bent so she has trouble placing any finger tip for scanning

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom