Magic Bands and Dining plan question.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
I am reading conflicting information about the dining plan and the bands. Will I or will I not need a PIN number for my band. Right now I do not have it set up to use a credit card for charging and I want to keep it that way because we pay cash for everything. I have read that I need a pin number to use for the dining plan but I don't see how to set it up without using a credit card as a backup. Can someone here help me with this?

G00fyDad

I am reading conflicting information about the dining plan and the bands. Will I or will I not need a PIN number for my band. Right now I do not have it set up to use a credit card for charging and I want to keep it that way because we pay cash for everything. I have read that I need a pin number to use for the dining plan but I don't see how to set it up without using a credit card as a backup. Can someone here help me with this?

If you choose to use the DDP and the bands then the resort check-in will be able to help you with this pin code.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
If you choose to use the DDP and the bands then the resort check-in will be able to help you with this pin code.
Ok, I have the dining plan and my bands were delivered this week. Thank you!! I was hoping to do this before we go. I may just add a credit card and be done with it.

Last edited:
The PIN code on your Magic Band is only if you use the resort charging privileges. If you don't activate the charging privileges, you won't need the PIN code.

disneygirl1024

Actually you will need a pin code for food purchases. When we checked in we had to set up a pin code for dining and food purchases. I did not have a credit card for charging added to my account. Didn't want it. But with the DDP you will get a pin code.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
Actually you will need a pin code for food purchases. When we checked in we had to set up a pin code for dining and food purchases. I did not have a credit card for charging added to my account. Didn't want it. But with the DDP you will get a pin code.
This is what I have been hearing!!! Someone said that they didn't do it and they had to pay out of pocket for their first meal. Did it take a long time to set this up?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You will need a pin code assigned to your band. You can set it online or at the front desk. If you do it online, you will need to attach a credit card to the band (as I recall)...however, they don't check the card (so you could use an expired one) or you could set your bands to not authorize for charges.

It was pretty convenient when I used my band to pay, as I had items at some meals (like wine or beer) that was in addition to the DP, and I didn't have to give the server two cards as before.

Just tap, enter pin on the itouch, and go.

G00fyDad

Thank you! It sounds easy enough. I'm excited to try it.

It is.

I have already planned out the ADR's and CS for our next trip in 2015. (We go every other year.) This next trip should be pretty neat since it will be with my sister, brother-in-law, and their three kids. My daughter will also be going with her new baby (He will be two by the time we go.) That will make a group of 10. Wow. Our first "Grand-Gathering". I will probably be using the DDP on that trip and I will use the Magic Bands for that as well.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
It is.

I have already planned out the ADR's and CS for our next trip in 2015. (We go every other year.) This next trip should be pretty neat since it will be with my sister, brother-in-law, and their three kids. My daughter will also be going with her new baby (He will be two by the time we go.) That will make a group of 10. Wow. Our first "Grand-Gathering". I will probably be using the DDP on that trip and I will use the Magic Bands for that as well.

It's so funny that you said this because I'm already thinking of our next trip in 2015. I also have a brand new grand baby (7 weeks old) so that trip will be his first.

I'm loving the bands! I trying to keep from wearing them right now but it's tempting! :happy:

G00fyDad

It's so funny that you said this because I'm already thinking of our next trip in 2015. I also have a brand new grand baby (7 weeks old) so that trip will be his first.

I'm loving the bands! I trying to keep from wearing them right now but it's tempting! :happy:

When we got our bands in the mail I tried it on to see if it fit since I have really large wrists (always have), and I let my son try his on, but I had to make sure that was all we messed with them. It was hard to not pull them out and keep fiddling with them. My son wanted to wear his to school. LOL If you have any reservations about wearing it for a week or more, don't. I was worried about wearing mine and getting a rash under it from the sweat and close proximity to my skin because that is why I have never really been able to wear a watch. However, it was soooooooo comfortable, and I only took it off at night right before bed. I kept it on all the time. No rash on my wrist. :D

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
When we got our bands in the mail I tried it on to see if it fit since I have really large wrists (always have), and I let my son try his on, but I had to make sure that was all we messed with them. It was hard to not pull them out and keep fiddling with them. My son wanted to wear his to school. LOL If you have any reservations about wearing it for a week or more, don't. I was worried about wearing mine and getting a rash under it from the sweat and close proximity to my skin because that is why I have never really been able to wear a watch. However, it was soooooooo comfortable, and I only took it off at night right before bed. I kept it on all the time. No rash on my wrist. :D

That's great!! They do seem to be comfortable. I put it on for a minute and then back in the box they all went! We are getting excited!! 24 more days till we arrive! :inlove::D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom