Magic Bands and ADR question

RetiredFRN

Original Poster
Probably a dumb question but will ask anyways. Received our magic bands and just waiting to wear them next month. Have all my ADR's but thinking about changing one. If I change now, will it be reflected when I get to DW on the bandso_O. Think it will be since you can change on MDE, just making sure!!

ABQ

Yup, any update you make on MDE will be reflected at WDW, assuming the bands you have are those tied to a resort stay and the ADR is taking place during that stay and you're not speaking of a random AP visit that can stand alone from the ADR and may actually have a completely different Magicband associated with it.

cw1982

ADR's have little to nothing to do with magic bands. When you check in at the restaurants, the host staff will take your name and let you know when your table is ready. If you use the magic bands to charge your purchase to your room, all of that is linked to your hotel stay anyway, so again pretty much inconsequential of where your ADR's are. You can literally change all of your ADR's up until the last minute to cancel without penalty and it has no bearing on your magic bands at all.

ABQ

ADR's have little to nothing to do with magic bands. When you check in at the restaurants, the host staff will take your name and let you know when your table is ready. If you use the magic bands to charge your purchase to your room, all of that is linked to your hotel stay anyway, so again pretty much inconsequential of where your ADR's are. You can literally change all of your ADR's up until the last minute to cancel without penalty and it has no bearing on your magic bands at all.
That's correct....except....if you have some sort of Disney dining associated with your resort stay, in that case, the band will be scanned. Though it won't care where your ADR is, it will just tally up points usage against your plan.

cw1982

That's correct....except....if you have some sort of Disney dining associated with your resort stay, in that case, the band will be scanned. Though it won't care where your ADR is, it will just tally up points usage against your plan.

Gotcha. We didn't use the dining plan, so that didn't even cross my mind ;)

Tom

Beta Return
Everything will be fine. Magic Bands are "dumb" devices. All they do is send an ID number through the networks. No info is stored on a MB besides that one ID number, and as long as a band is tied to your MDE account, it will work for all tickets and reservations you have made (except, as others have said, for AP trips, which require a few more steps).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom