Magic Band shortage /where and how to buy?

DisneyfanMA

Original Poster
I feel like this deserves its own thread. Possibly more confusing to me than the Genie +, ILL, Park tickets and reservations, MDE app etc is just literally buying magic bands. Like how and where? I saw some confusing info here, which I cannot fully decipher: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/bands-cards/

I've been convinced from others here that trying to use the MDE app with all 5 of my digital tickets/passes stored on the single phone (or split and stored on my wife's phone too) is NOT going to be fun or practical to scan "on behalf of" my 3 kids and or wife when we board attractions. If I am wrong on that please do correct me because I'd be happy to save some of the $$$$ being bled from me by Disney.

That said, i can't even figure out how or where to buy Magic bands if I want to!

Is this the place:

I see 2 at the moment and they're not what I want theme wise and also they're $30-$35 ea. Ridiculous. Are they no longer going to offer the ~ $9.99 - $15 plain colored ones? Or is this just due to the chip shortage/supply chain issues and or the magic band 2.0 debuting "soon" (no date given which seems to be a recurring theme under Chapek's disney).

Please update here with advice or if more come avail. I'll do same.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Are you staying onsite?
If so go to your MDE and choose your magic bands.
Do you have magic bands from a previous trip? Might I just suggest reusing them?
You can also purchase them once you get there if you do not like the options available online.

DisneyfanMA

Original Poster
Are you staying onsite?
If so go to your MDE and choose your magic bands.
Do you have magic bands from a previous trip? Might I just suggest reusing them?
You can also purchase them once you get there if you do not like the options available online.

Hello. Unfortunately off site. Would love to get them early and give out to kids beforehand but so far I can't even find where to buy them other than a 35 dollar tinkerbell version on the Disney website..which is a nonstarter.

corran horn

I wonder if the dearth of buying online is in anticipation (this summer?) of the 2.0 bands.

Echoing what's said above - do you have any from previous trips?

DisneyfanMA

Original Poster
I wonder if the dearth of buying online is in anticipation (this summer?) of the 2.0 bands.

Echoing what's said above - do you have any from previous trips?

No. Been to Disney twice in my life. 1990 as a 10 year old...and ~ 2012 one day trip with adults only. So pre most of the craziness. I do remember the fast pass tickets from the kiosks in 2012. We only really needed it for soarin and test track. The longest standby lines in the AM at MK were 15 to 20 min. (Early Nov). The good Ole days

But gearing up to take my own family of 5 now for the full deal and learning all the ins and outs of the new systems etc. Seems magic bands are kind of caught in purgatory at the moment.

corran horn

No. Been to Disney twice in my life. 1990 as a 10 year old...and ~ 2012 one day trip with adults only. So pre most of the craziness. I do remember the fast pass tickets from the kiosks in 2012. We only really needed it for soarin and test track. The longest standby lines in the AM at MK were 15 to 20 min. (Early Nov). The good Ole days

But gearing up to take my own family of 5 now for the full deal and learning all the ins and outs of the new systems etc. Seems magic bands are kind of caught in purgatory at the moment.
(NOPE, THIS WAS WRONG BY ME)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom