Magic Band Selection

firecatgirl

Original Poster
Hello everyone,
Correct me if I am wrong, I do not need to arrive with a magic band, right? My daughter and I will be going to Disney Springs our first day and were going to get a bank at World of Disney. That's ok to do right? I'm just not overly thrilled with the selection online and I only have a few more days to make my decision.
TIA

James J

In the Parks
No
Yes, that's fine. They removed the option to choose MagicBands ahead of visits for us international guests, so we always have to go and buy one on our first day if we want one.

JIMINYCR

You can go to DS and shop and dine. The selection of MB’s are not very good on the site. There are a lot more colorful and decorative bands in the shops. We don’t order ours ahead of time and wait to choose from better options after we arrive. Years ago I got one online only to see one in a shop that I liked much better and regretted paying for two.

mf1972

how long do regular magic bands last anyway? last october we used bands from our 2022 trip. not sure if they’re still good or not.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
how long do regular magic bands last anyway? last october we used bands from our 2022 trip. not sure if they’re still good or not.
For touch points they last indefinitely. For long range (ride photos) a couple years, although on my trip earlier this month I received ride photos despite not having a band. I assume Bluetooth on my phone picked up the signal.

mf1972

For touch points they last indefinitely. For long range (ride photos) a couple years, although on my trip earlier this month I received ride photos despite not having a band. I assume Bluetooth on my phone picked up the signal.
that’s good to know. i’ve heard pros & cons on the newer rechargeable ones. wasn’t keen on getting them for our next trip.

JaxFLBear

I've never figured out how to use just my iphone or apple watch 🤷‍♀️
Setting it up is simple. Using the MDE mobile app, touch the menu icon (3 bars lower right) and then swipe up until you see "Set Up MagicMobile Entry". Touch that and then follow the on screen prompts. If you are only setting up a MagicMobile Pass for yourself, usage is as simple as touching your iPhone or Apple Watch to the touch point as Express Mode is enabled by default. With express mode on, you don't need to unlock your phone before using the MagicMobile Pass.

If you setup passes for others, then you would need to open the Wallet app and select each MagicMobile Pass individually and then touch your phone to the reader and then repeat for each person.

One thing that the MagicMobile Pass can't do is unlock your hotel room door if staying at a Disney Resort.

WDW_Jon

Will the magic band 2 continue to work whilst ever there is battery? Or is there a plan for these to be phased out?

JaxFLBear

Will the magic band 2 continue to work whilst ever there is battery? Or is there a plan for these to be phased out?
Even if the battery is dead, any version of MB should continue to work for any function where you need to physically touch the MB to the reader for as long as Disney supports the MB technology. You also need to verify that the MB you want to use is still marked as "Active" in MDE.

DisneyFanatic12

Even if the battery is dead, any version of MB should continue to work for any function where you need to physically touch the MB to the reader for as long as Disney supports the MB technology. You also need to verify that the MB you want to use is still marked as "Active" in MDE.
Adding on to this, guest relations or the resort front desk should be able to reactivate your bands if they’ve been deactivated. Although, there seems to be limited success with this at times. If the band is unable to be reactivated, the they’ll sometimes make a little magic and help you replace the center of the band.

JAB

Hello everyone,
Correct me if I am wrong, I do not need to arrive with a magic band, right? My daughter and I will be going to Disney Springs our first day and were going to get a bank at World of Disney. That's ok to do right? I'm just not overly thrilled with the selection online and I only have a few more days to make my decision.
TIA
Sorry if this is a little late, but you can also go to the Pin Traders store over by Earl of Sandwich. We've usually found they have the best MagicBand selection at Disney Springs, and it's much less crowded than World of Disney and things are easier to find.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom