Magic Band question

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
When you order a band online (as opposed to the one you automatically get sent to you in connection with your resort reservation) how do you link that band to a particular person such that it has all the FP+ reservations and is useable as a room key, etc?

Also, can you have more than one band linked to a person (for example, the one automatically sent to you and one you have ordered online)?

Okay, I guess that was TWO questions, lol!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You can add the MBs to the MDE account of the person it’s for. As long as it hasn’t already been assigned to someone else.

In the account, go to Tickets and MagicBands and it will have a link where you can add it by entering the code on the back of the MB.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
You can add the MBs to the MDE account of the person it’s for. As long as it hasn’t already been assigned to someone else.

In the account, go to Tickets and MagicBands and it will have a link where you can add it by entering the code on the back of the MB.
Great, thank you very much for that help!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Forgot your "other" question:

All your MagicBands and cards can be used interchangeably as long as they're active.

You can activate/deactivate MBs in your account. Go to MyDisneyExperience on the WDW site, select "My MagicBands & Cards". It should show any MB selections you've made for your upcoming trip(s) and then below that, it should have your name and an indication of how many MB or Cards [cards are your hard tickets, like an AP], mine shows 38 are associated with my account. You can click to see them all. You can activate or deactivate as you see fit. I'm not sure if it's still an issue, but early on if you had more than 10 or so active, things started going wonky with them. I keep my current AP card active as well as one older MB that I put the disc from the MB into a Mickey head that they sell. The Mickey head hangs on a retractable lanyard that hangs from my belt pack. I don't like wearing the rubber band. I deactivate all the other cards/MBs and when I get a new MB I carry it rolled as tight as it'll roll inside my belt pack so it it sensed by on-ride photo sensors so the photos show up in my account.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Forgot your "other" question:

All your MagicBands and cards can be used interchangeably as long as they're active.

You can activate/deactivate MBs in your account. Go to MyDisneyExperience on the WDW site, select "My MagicBands & Cards". It should show any MB selections you've made for your upcoming trip(s) and then below that, it should have your name and an indication of how many MB or Cards [cards are your hard tickets, like an AP], mine shows 38 are associated with my account. You can click to see them all. You can activate or deactivate as you see fit. I'm not sure if it's still an issue, but early on if you had more than 10 or so active, things started going wonky with them. I keep my current AP card active as well as one older MB that I put the disc from the MB into a Mickey head that they sell. The Mickey head hangs on a retractable lanyard that hangs from my belt pack. I don't like wearing the rubber band. I deactivate all the other cards/MBs and when I get a new MB I carry it rolled as tight as it'll roll inside my belt pack so it it sensed by on-ride photo sensors so the photos show up in my account.
Wow, great info! Thanks again!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
There will be a code on the back of the band that you use to link it.
Just go to your magic bands and cards find the place to add a magic band.
Enter the code and assign it to the proper person.
All magic bands linked to a person are interchangeable and have the same functions.
AKA yes it will open the door to your room etc.
Yes you can have multiple bands.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
There will be a code on the back of the band that you use to link it.
Just go to your magic bands and cards find the place to add a magic band.
Enter the code and assign it to the proper person.
All magic bands linked to a person are interchangeable and have the same functions.
AKA yes it will open the door to your room etc.
Yes you can have multiple bands.
Thank you!

Hcalvert

I just linked my husband's Thanos MB, but I seem to not be able to cancel the ones on order for our next trip. I really don't want to receive 6 magic bands that I don't need as I have a split stay in July. I thought there was a way to decline the MB for an upcoming trip, but I am not seeing it anywhere since I chose the other ones before the premium discount came out. The reason why MDE is still insisting on giving me some for our next trip is because we purchased them from ShopDisney and not through the MDE app as they were all sold out. I got an email today offering me MBs on ShopDisney for $10 or $15 (due to the sellout), so I just ordered two limited edition ones that will be delivered in a few weeks for my son and me.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I just linked my husband's Thanos MB, but I seem to not be able to cancel the ones on order for our next trip. I really don't want to receive 6 magic bands that I don't need as I have a split stay in July. I thought there was a way to decline the MB for an upcoming trip, but I am not seeing it anywhere since I chose the other ones before the premium discount came out. The reason why MDE is still insisting on giving me some for our next trip is because we purchased them from ShopDisney and not through the MDE app as they were all sold out. I got an email today offering me MBs on ShopDisney for $10 or $15 (due to the sellout), so I just ordered two limited edition ones that will be delivered in a few weeks for my son and me.
You can decline MBs on the website, not the app (although the app links you to the website.)

Hcalvert

You can decline MBs on the website, not the app (although the app links you to the website.)
I tried numerous times on the website. I clicked on the magic band link, it only takes me to customization page--no decline option available. I also tried going through "my plans," but got the same result. I will have to contact them tomorrow about it.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I tried numerous times on the website. I clicked on the magic band link, it only takes me to customization page--no decline option available. I also tried going through "my plans," but got the same result. I will have to contact them tomorrow about it.
Strange. I have the option to decline for my July trip.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Strange. I have the option to decline for my July trip.

Where are you seeing this option? I just received 4 magicbands that we didn't need because I was unable to locate the decline option. If I click on edit order all that comes up is the Build-A-Band page with all our options to choose from. No decline option that I can see.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Where are you seeing this option? I just received 4 magicbands that we didn't need because I was unable to locate the decline option. If I click on edit order all that comes up is the Build-A-Band page with all our options to choose from. No decline option that I can see.
D84EF2EE-5140-4BFE-91B9-192D79DAC32C.jpeg

Hcalvert

Well, I got that information late too. They just shipped one set of magic bands for my one-night stay and another set for the rest of my stay. So now I have two sets of magic bands we don't need. Oh well. At least my premium ones came yesterday too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom