magic band question

gem_uk

Original Poster
Hey,

I have a magic band question!

We are from the UK and booked direct through Disney, we are staying on site at all star movies for 7 nights, then we move on to non-Disney accommodation, however our Disney package came with 14 day tickets for the parks. Am I right in thinking we will continue to use our magic bands to access the park for the second week? And does this also mean we can use the My Disney Experience App to book fast passes during that second week? However I assume that this isn’t the 3 a day we received whilst staying on site.

Also, we have memory maker included, would that only be the first week also?

Any clarification would be great!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yes you can use your magic bands beyond this one trip even. I still use mine from a couple years ago because I like the design. They will stay on the MDE app and you can use to make fast passes even without a hotel reservation.

Yes, you can still receive 3 fast passes per day. I believe you can only book those 30 days in advance though since you won't be on property at that point.

I'm not sure on the memory maker, I have an AP and photo pass is included each visit. I'm not too familiar with the memory maker unfortunately.

gem_uk

Original Poster
wow thank you Think Tink! that's good to know, I didn't realise we could book further fastpasses for the second week 30 days in advance, I will be putting a reminder in my diary now for sure!

nickys

Premium Member
wow thank you Think Tink! that's good to know, I didn't realise we could book further fastpasses for the second week 30 days in advance, I will be putting a reminder in my diary now for sure!

You will actually have a rolling window for booking FPs beyond your stay.

So, 60 days before you check in, you can book FPs for the length of your stay.

For the subsequent days, at exactly 60 days out from each day, you can book FPs for that day only. So one day at a time.

gem_uk

Original Poster
Ahh ok thanks! So our 60 days was last Thursday, booked fast passes from 8th-15th October, so tomorrow (Thursday)I can book the 16th? Yay!

nickys

Premium Member
Ahh ok thanks! So our 60 days was last Thursday, booked fast passes from 8th-15th October, so tomorrow (Thursday)I can book the 16th? Yay!

Tomorrow is the 16th. 60 days before 16th October is the 17th I think. So Friday you can book the 16th, Saturday the 17th and so on.

Rob562

And to answer your MemoryMaker question...

The short answer is it'll cover your entire trip.
MemoryMaker gives you download access to all your photos for 30 days. The clock starts ticking on those 30 days when you download any photo, so be aware of that. You can download and share while still on your trip, you just won't have a full 30 days once you get home.

And you can scan your MagicBand to link photos to your account, even after you check out of your Disney hotel.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom